Ways of getting back into riding ..

alistair14

So .. I just posted a for sale in the sale section but while doing it I'm not really sure i wanna sell ... I havent ridden it really since last radfest properly and i dont really wanna give up that eaily to something ive spent my entire teenage years doing!

Any ways of getting back into it? :/

Me, thinkdougie and another had a good little ride last night. Just a few pallets and some rocks. Quick hour out and had a right laugh. Sometimes a lot better than being out all day with loads of people about

What / who got you in to riding in the first place?

Try something that will "take you back" to that, or like others have said, look for new places, or have a change, change is always good for a refresh!

keep at it / keep it until you fancy it again!

No one wants dollars.

Watch some videos, get out with mates, maybe ride a competition. Or have a break and see how you feel later on. Keep the bike if you love it. if not, sell it and get something different if you want another in the future.

Ask yourself whether you've just got the shite british weather blues?

The weather is starting to improve, get out on a group ride or set yourself a day where you have no other plans but to ride your bike, get the headphones in and ride by yourself, no camera, no pressure, until you can't grip the bars. The former is more fun, but the latter certainly helps as well.

If its not just weather blues, then here are my thoughts;

• May try mixing it up, sell the bike you have and get something different. I first switched to a hex, then to brakeless, then on to 24" bikes.
  • Mix it up. Get out on the rocks, ride street, go to new places. I don't ride my trially as much as I used to, nor do I feel I am as good as I used to be, however I enjoy riding more than I ever have, and as such I will ride anything I can get too
  • having an off day? Don't ride - If you force it, you'll hate that you can't manage something you were doing yesterday, that causes an increase in stress, and thus negative connotations towards riding (#firstworldproblems).

If you can, find a good group of people who ride regularly or ride a different style.

I considered selling up late last year and early this year. I'm a huge lover of TGS but lack of riders converted my riding to park/street style just to get a social aspect to my riding (BMXer and skater friends), got really bored of doing the same moves and lost hope in riding.

Last couple of months I told myself to start doing competitions and I've since starting riding regularly and find myself wanting to ride all the time. Competitions opened my eyes to how bad I've become on a trials bike (I think I've just sat on past achievements) and it's hard to accept your current level of riding, now I'm progressing again each week and I've fallen in love with the sport all over again!