Aliens, Pyramids, Carving and Ancient Technology

Tom Booth

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/culture/2019/08/coopers-landing-idaho-site-americas-oldest/

Our idea of history is changing all the time and human history is going back further and further. There's so much more to be discovered I think finds like this backs the idea of the possibility of lost ancient technology.

• 6 months later...

25 mins in will give you the summary.

If anyone still wants to play here we go.

Basically either historians got it all right hundreds of years ago or there's a lot more to it than we think. I'm sure they got some things right but they obviously couldn't see the whole picture.

Do we look at new evidence and change our idea of history or do we just believe what we have believed for the last few hundred years or so?

I think people are really shooting themselves in the foot when they use strong terminology such as "proof".
Both technically, and in common parlance, "proof" refers to an absolute, demonstrable and repeatable certainty. Hold a rock out, and drop it is proof that the force we know as gravity is there.
Since they flirt with scientific and academic terms (which is a good thing, for the record), they should really be using them appropriately.
The content of that video is a theory, not proof. A theory is not a weakened concept. The rules and calculations behind defining that force that moves the rock to the ground is a theory.

To get technical: A theory is defined as "a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained".
There are still quirks in gravity that don't add up with our understanding, but the rules we have are our current best estimate of how it works.

If they were to start taking themselves seriously, they might be taken more seriously.
As it stands, that video was a flight of fancy, for me. Yes, it is unlikely that there are certain similarities from all around the ancient world, but coincidences happen.
There is of bird found in two places, South America and Middle East, so the question was why are they in two specific places so far apart... Until genetics came in and we found out they were entirely different species that just happen to look almost identical.
That's a thing, and it's far less believable than people putting notches in walls for some reason we in our modern lives can't place. 

I would love to believe they are linked, but two statues looking similar is more likely a coincidence than a link, to me.
I think if they spent all the time they spend on speculating, on doing first hand research (note: looking at Google Maps and photo's other people have taken is secondary at best), they might actually find something to make videos about.
They're clearly not dumb, and have the research skills and passion for the subject. I just can't help but think they apply it in unhelpful ways. (Possibly due to financial motivation?)

Edit: Not a rant - fingers just kind of ran away from me.

Edit 2: Also the span of time... How is it appropriate to link behaviours of people separated not only by thousands of miles, but also 6,000 years? Look how much changed between the year 1,100 and 1,400, for example.
People think of "this is how things were done in the medieval era", but things that were done at the start of that time period greatly differed to the end, and not just because of technological improvements. Bags have existed for a long time :lol: 

Edited by aener
  • Like 2

I'd say there's something there but these videos are really sensationalist and lectury while going too far with their 'proof'.

The nubs are very weird, the intricate polygonal stonework is also weird and the similarities between various pyramids make at least those elements almost undeniable... don't really know what anyone can do though to prove anything either way. Yes we have an accepted history and that doesn't really marry up with some of the evidence (not proof) out there.

• Like 1

I mean... It's very interesting looking into the distant past, but there are an equal number of things in recent history that the official story doesn't line up with what actually happened (without getting into 'Bush did 9/11' territory :P ).
Obvious example is WWII and how much awful shit the "good guys" did, that we don't tell school kids about.

It's just the way of life. Victors (or in the case of the thread of this topic: 'ignorance') write(s) the history books!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Want to get into some fun quarantine reading?? Look through this page for a half hour or so.

https://ascensionglossary.com/index.php/Main_Page

Another viewpoint of the earths history... the human mind is a wonderful thing..a very curious mind comes up with curious ideas, see if you can follow their beliefs. I find it as likely to believe this as what was forced down my throat in school.  

Edited by AndyT
trying to get link to work

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think this dude might be onto something. He makes a lot of sense and I think everyone could learn something from this. It's nothing wild or alternative.

He's basically saying the great pyramid was extended during construction and there were contingency plans in case Khufu died during its construction. Each chamber is explained and it seems very logical.

There's still a huge mystery as to how it was built in my opinion and we probably will never know.

It's a long watch and it takes about half an hour to get going but I think its worth it if you're into that sort of thing.

What ever you believe happened you have to have a huge respect for how ancient people got things done and how clever they really were.

To a layman such as myself, that is pretty compelling. It's put together very well and it's great to see someone acknowledging potential weaknesses in their own hypothesis.
Obviously I'm not going to read in to all the citations and stuff. I'm interested, but not that interested.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't know why, but this amused me:

"A leading expert said his theory was "as good as any, and better than most".

"It may look like something out of Last of the Summer Wine, but we've lifted a third of a tonne with it and theoretically it could move any weight," said carpet fitter Steven Tasker, 66, from Llanrhaeadr."

Just something about a 'leading expert' being a carpet fitter from the middle of nowhere in Wales...

41 minutes ago, Mark W said:

I don't know why, but this amused me:

"A leading expert said his theory was "as good as any, and better than most".

"It may look like something out of Last of the Summer Wine, but we've lifted a third of a tonne with it and theoretically it could move any weight," said carpet fitter Steven Tasker, 66, from Llanrhaeadr."

Just something about a 'leading expert' being a carpet fitter from the middle of nowhere in Wales...

I read it as an unnamed expert said the "as good as any, and better than most" rather than Steven the Welsh carpet fitter but it's odd that they don't name the leading expert...