JamesB Vids

jamesb

Hey Guys,

I've been doing the weekly video thing for a while, and I haven't been posting all of them here because that would feel pretty darn weird. I think the single thread thing that Ali and Flipp are doing makes sense. I never started one because I wasn't sure how long this weekly thing would go on, but it seems to be sticking. Also, I've noticed you guys have posted a couple of my vids in another thread, thanks for that! Glad you enjoyed some of them. Here is my first contribution to the thread.

• Like 7

That was lovely.
Really enjoy the type of riding you're doing at the moment.
I feel like we're often doing the same kind of thing, just with different styles and outcomes: Find a spot/line, and then find a way to make it as needlessly technical or difficult as possible :lol:

• Like 2

On 2021-04-03 at 9:51 AM, aener said:

Find a spot/line, and then find a way to make it as needlessly technical or difficult as possible :lol:

Haha! That is the best way to describe it.

I took a much more relaxed approach this week but I do want to get back to some uber techiness now that I got my mojo back. I want to try your brakeless wedgie to late front wheel bonk in LAF. It's on the list.

• Like 1

Love that Akkrigg video. Still one of my favourites.

Also loved that tap-tail-scrub on the red post, and the roll-up, bars, wodge, roll-down was just... :wub:

Edit: You were always good on bikes - old times, Arcade etc. - but I feel like you've gone from being "good at bikes" to having really settled in to your own style recently.
These recent videos feel much more authentic somehow, which I'm all for.

Edited by aener
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Weather has been pretty bad lately, and I'm in need of a change of scenery to get stoked for a proper video. But, this has been on my mind for a while. The repetitiveness of "creative" street trials. Am I insane? Are these tricks like the smith-nose-bar in the bmx world, where everyone jokes when it's done because everyone does it? Or are they like a clicked, roosted table out of a big quarter, that never gets old?

• Like 1

You are definitively not insane.

The repetitiveness of those tricks is really boring.

To me, comp trials is all about clearing obstacles. But street trials adds another dimension, the creativity.

I like to find some new lines, some variations of them. I like to play with the obstacles (with my reduced skillset).

Some riders like Flipp, Ali C and yourself amazed me for their creativity. Unfortunately, the normal guy does not appreciate the difficulty behind this kind of lines. He will prefer a big 360 tap drop.

Please continue to have your own style! I love it so much!

And keep in mind that Danny was one of the first guys who throws some BMX moves...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2021-05-31 at 1:54 AM, basstrials said:

Smooth lines and style,very nice.What brand and model pedals do you got bike on?Thank you.

Thanks, Deity TMAC pedals. The best. Huge platform and the most grip I've ever experienced. At first, no footed tricks were difficult because my feet stuck too much.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...