Prototype

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

looks quite nice, could be a major gap in the market with youngster like people have said and take off, could be so street riders can spin and still have space to get low on the bike doing hugh sidehops etc, could be many reasons.

was talking about it last night with young tim here (Y) and I agree, it could work really well, for doing spinny street, bunny hoppy, manually stuff. But the really low frame, will allow for major tuckage on sidehops and gaps.

maybe it will allow for it too be rode like an ashton for some moves and a phython for others... like crossing Tim Pratt with CLS!! (Y)

mike

I brought a 24" to ride street on, not to continue doing competitions on. In my humble oppinion its not what 24" is about. I think there is something special about the current 24's because they are different to all the long, low and silver bikes... Im not a fan.

a really good idea in my eyes, uci riding on a 24".

and for whoever said its hard to ride natural on a 24", please get it right, why would it be any harder than 20 or 26" ? its almost half way betwwen the two and both mod and stock rule for natural providing the geometry is right.

good one onza :(

and for whoever said its hard to ride natural on a 24", please get it right, why would it be any harder than 20 or 26" ?

Because stock is for rolling over stuff and mod is for hoppy hoppy. So a 24" is kind of neither. Or maybe it's both. But I dunno, I think it's an interesting concept.

Looks way too trialsy. Comp orientated. Short stem big risers and a twin triangle frame like the ashton would be much much better. HAS to have a seat. Looks like a big mod, the others so far have looked like small stock bikes. I wouldnt want one.

I brought a 24" to ride street on, not to continue doing competitions on.  In my humble oppinion its not what 24" is about.  I think there is something special about the current 24's because they are different to all the long, low and silver bikes...  Im not a fan.

Both of you are wrong a 24" bike SHOULD NOT be a shit bmx bike, its somthing different, thats like saying stocks SHOULD not have riser bars and seats

f**kING GOOD ONE on onza i say there always trying new stuff and id love to give it ago.

from the side view it looks even more awsome and i think it will have the advantages of both mod and stock as in the flickness and be able to roll better too and able to run gears if wished too.

i think onza are onto a great new product range so well done and thumbs up :( :P :) :( .

Ben

Edited by hulltrialser

I'm in two minds about that. It looks cool and i can see it being immense amounts of fun to ride.

However, making it a comp orientated 24" is risky in my opinion (please note: I'm not saying it shouldn't be like this or that, a compy 24" sounds like a rave to me!) because someone who buys a 24" is probably going to want one to ride bmx-style street. Seriously, for most of us moving to 24" would mean a whole new bike, which is a considerable investment and it's a shame that it wouldn't be very comp legal.

What I'm trying to say is: Who wants to buy a whole new comp bike they won't be able to enter comps on?

Still, I can see there being quite some appeal to the thing...

Ramble over...

Both of you are wrong a 24" bike SHOULD NOT be a shit bmx bike, its somthing different, thats like saying stocks SHOULD not have riser bars and seats

f**kING GOOD ONE on onza i say there always trying new stuff and id love to give it ago.

No. If you want to ride UCI, buy a 26". You want to ride "shit bmx" buy a 24".

</peronsal oppinion>

Because stock is for rolling over stuff and mod is for hoppy hoppy.  So a 24" is kind of neither.  Or maybe it's both.  But I dunno, I think it's an interesting concept.

best of both worlds :(

24" does seem to come with a ridiculous amount of "street mentality" baggage though. Its put me off getting one, but this looks just the ticket.

best of both worlds  :huh:

24" does seem to come with a ridiculous amount of "street mentality" baggage though. Its put me off getting one, but this looks just the ticket.

24" are fine for natural! Its like any trials bike really, you get used to it and exploit its strengths.

I find when I ride mine on natty the high front high and short wheel base, make it really flicky and got for hopping around and also i find my bike great for roll down :( (which are loadsa fun). Its just different really...why limit yourself to street :ermm:

Fred why are you being so narrow minded?

The only reason everyone associates 24" with streety shitBMX is because of the frames out at the moment. They are all short jump orientated frames, so you are obviously going to find it more difficult to ride it on rocks and stuff.

Just because its something new, why does it have to be put into a class straight away. It sems everything has to be defined these days. Oh mod is for hopp hoppy stuff, and 24 is for streety stuff bla bla bla. Someone who does manuals and stuff on mods just gets laughed at because they are not riding in the "defined" way which is just silly.

I think its really cool and is a good link between the 2 wheel sizes, becuase thats the only difference in the bikes, the wheel sizes, not the way you ride them.