Prototype

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

Looks way too trialsy. Comp orientated. Short stem big risers and a twin triangle frame like the ashton would be much much better. HAS to have a seat. Looks like a big mod, the others so far have looked like small stock bikes. I wouldnt want one.

Edited by steve sturt

As a uci rider i feel it looks decent, although like most other :P, however i can see good points from it and bad points.....

GOOD

-smaller riders who dont wish to ride mod but want uci not street could ride it...

-it will probably be strong like the trex is...

-low standover, decent wheel base for those uci type riders who mix street as well (basically big bunnyhops as well as bigger gaps)

BAD

-most who want 24" wheels will desire the standard double diamond...

-24" will be harder to ride uci stuff on and rocks...

-front end may be a tad low, but obviously a higher rise stem could sort this...

im not a fan of 24" wheels for compy/uci/biu stuff, its just not right, although im 6ft1 so thats probably why......

i wouldnt like it, but younger smaller riders may well do......

interesting...

Hmmm. Interesting.

I guess it's good that people are producing (presumably) more affordable 24s, but I'm not sure about that one. Maybe as an alternative to a street bike though. 24" wheels are good no matter what geo you have, and I always wondered what a long, low (and silver) 24" would be like. I just can't help thinking that if you made it look less compy and less like a T-Rex/Coust/Others then it would sell better.

Having said that, I bet the geo is very similar to my frame so it ought to ride fairly nice. So I guess we should not worry about the looks :P I suppose it's just a cross between a mod and a stock.

a mini trex...hhhmmm interesting. not sure how it will take off having a more trialsy 24" - i would certainly like to give it a try thats for sure, i would prefer it longer if you are gonna for a 'pure' trials 24" though.

whats the news on the 24" ronnie/reggie, will they come in 36H and when are they gonna be released i need a new rear rim.

mike

a mini trex...hhhmmm interesting. not sure how it will take off having a more trialsy 24" - i would certainly like to give it a try thats for sure, i would prefer it longer if you are gonna for a 'pure' trials 24" though.

whats the news on the 24" ronnie/reggie,  will they come in 36H and when are they gonna be released i need a new rear rim.

mike

no questions just yet mike :P

thats what he asked :D

lol

I hope that's a new headtube/headset combination there and will be used on future frames cos i hate my t-pro headset so much. Its just plain cruddy. (loose as a hooker).

As for the bike, looks pretty good, mini stock or biggy mod? i'd say it looks like a mini stock, rather than a 24" street bike. But i guess you know what you're aiming for.

I know you said no questions but are those onza forks?

EDIT: oh and just thought, maybe something more like a mini woodstock would be better than a mini t-rex. :P

Edited by RicH_87

Undecided myself.

Can see a few advantages to it as said above, smaller riders/people who want less than 26" but not 20"

However, I think that there's more demand for a street-style 24" frame for guys (like me) on a budget!

Would like to get my hands on one of those to see how it rides though :P

Also, any ideas on a price range if this was to be released? :D"

I only said that thing about the questions because of the usual how-much-will-it-be/when-will-it-I-be-able-to-buy-it that goes on, when answers to questions like that are completely unknown to us at the present time. Questions you think we might be able to answer - ask.

Joe, I like to see the bikes arrive in different colours myself because you get a better idea of what bikes look like in other colours. I'm glad you like it, and I think you'd agree it would make life more boring if they all came through polished. By all means comment on the colours if you feel you have to, but it is a bit of a side issue.

The seating arrangement is the same as for the 26", bolt one on if you want one.

:P the ronnie/reggie 24" rims - they ARE coming. I'm not sure when, but soon.

Edited by BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

Joe, I like to see the bikes arrive in different colours myself because you get a better idea of what bikes look like in other colours. I'm glad you like it, and I think you'd agree it would make life more boring if they all came through polished. By all means comment on the colours if you feel you have to, but it is a bit of a side issue.

Yer geeza, i like it, i totally agree, i have silver and blakc frame :D

hence why i have a green xtp, had a yellow zebdi, and my team is soon gonna be baby blue :P

I love sexy colours :D

I like the way you replied seriously about the colour :P

If that was a simple doube diamond frame, build beefy, to the same strength standard as a T-rex, with a 1030 wheelbase approx, and similar geo to the 24" frames out there you would be onto a winner, that proto kinda defeats the object and point of a 24" bike.

Rich

I don't think there's much of a market for Pure 24" Trials Bikes. I think a Woodstock 24" could be pretty awesome, pretty trialsy but relatively short, plus if it gets tested as extensively as the Woodstock it could be awesome! Infact, I'd love to have a 24" Woodstock, that would be absolutely mint!

Good to see that your continuing to try out the new things :P

The thing that always looked appealing with 24" bikes to me was that 'middle ground' between BMX and trials. But having a more 'trials' frame is missing the point a bit isn't it? I mean, who other than a small person would buy a 24" seat-less bike with flat bars?

Maybe, or maybe we're all missing the point. Maybe this isn't supposed to be a ShiBMX™. Maybe it's just supposed to be a trials bike in between mod and stock, and I don't think that's a bad thing. In fact I think it's a good idea, why should we stick to 20"/26" wheels for trials bikes? Hulltrialser seems to like it, anyway :D

I have to say I was a bit disappointed to see the Onza 24 look like that though. Maybe it's not the only model in the line-up though :P

It's an interesting idea. A "pure" 24" trials frame could be fun, really. Something to ride rocks on that's got the stability of a stock and the flickyness of a mod would be pretty nice, and the ability to ride it "pure" trials-style or do more bunnyhops and stuff would be nice. I know it's not got the seat (I know you can bolt the seat on, but it's not going to be in the same position as a 'real' seat-tube/post and seat combo), and it's not the 'double diamond', but it's the geometry that's important. Just because it doesn't have the same conventional double diamond frame, if it's got the same length, BB height, headtube angle then it's not going to be *that* different, really. It's jsut different ways of joining the key points together, isn't it?

Either way, I think modelling the 24" model on the Woodstock, but giving it a bit more reinforcement (as 24s are mostly going to be ridden on street, so a lighter, more comp frame like the Woodstock might not have the girth) would be pretty spiffing, really...