The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Yeah I completely agree with the longer duration thing for pure weight loss, but I'm looking to get a lot of size and definition too and being able to burst out acceleration is only going to benefit with sports etc. (Think of all the bursts of power required by trials for example.) So I kinda like the all round aspect. I'm still generally doing 30-40 mins of cardio, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less, but about 5 or so mins of that will be going at full pace as well.

I do agree I need something to bosh a few more carbs into me after a work out. But I'm trying to get it through my diet, instead of relying on another supplement of some sort. I think I did pretty well today, 8ish, Porridge, 9ish, Gym, 11ish, Shake + Poached eggs on brown toast, 3ish, tuna and cheese on brown bread, 6ish some sort of cod in batter with a few potatos and just had another protein shake. I'm fully aware that it's not that great, but it's better than it was before :P I'd love to have a nutritionist and a cook, they'd definitely be two essentials if I won the lottery.

Cheers for the advice, I'm quite happy to be told how to do this better, considering as I have little to no experience with it. Especially the cardio side.

I'd love to have a nutritionist and a cook, they'd definitely be two essentials if I won the lottery.

Biggest load of bollox in this thread, if i won the lottery, Id not give a toss about how i looked and shag stunners everynight who are only in it for the money.

• Like 2

No way, if you didn't have to work and could buy anything, full gym, climbing wall etc, you could have total wipeout rigged up in your back garden. Why not make the most of the opportunity, well, I know I would want to :P My body isn't about pulling birds, it's more for me, just want to see my body and I am capable of.

If I won the lottery I'd just spend it on steroids. :P

Looking god Kris! Without sounding gay (well, maybe a bit), You've got a lovely back there. Traps are lacking a bit though IMO, work dem shrugs. :P

So I usually do deadlifts as part of my workout but usually about 15 reps but yesterday I lifted alot heavier that I could only do 8 reps... But today my legs and lower back are feeling it, but just checking, this doesn't mean injury if they're sore, can also just mean they've been worked alot harder than before yeah?

So I usually do deadlifts as part of my workout but usually about 15 reps but yesterday I lifted alot heavier that I could only do 8 reps... But today my legs and lower back are feeling it, but just checking, this doesn't mean injury if they're sore, can also just mean they've been worked alot harder than before yeah?

Yep. As long as you maintained form you'll be reet.

Been the gym a few time, feel a lot better in myself, I do Mondays Wednesday and fridays, but on the "days off" I do weights at home. not as much as as the gym as I only have one dumb bell. Mainly working on legs, and chest, as I can do them at home. Might get a sit up bench so I can do some ab work on the off days.

Mainly doing it for rugby, I lack leg power, Compared to the 6ft 2 guy who I second row with.....

Kris, what's your ab destroyer technique? There's a lot of progress there for a short amount of time, especially if you've only been working on it properly for a few weeks :P I've got 5kg of this shit (Nutrisport 90+ in strawberry, yum yum....), it goes down easy enough, it's just powdery, I'll try it with more water next time.

I'm 6'3, so I can carry off excess weight pretty comfortably, just don't want to anymore, I'm 24, I should be in peak physical shape in my mind. My dad looked like Stallone in Rambo when he was in his early 20s and he always gives me shit about it. I'm doubting I'll ever look as good as he did, but I want to be able to at least tell him to get f**ked.

Sorry dude, been a little while since i came in here. It's dead easy the situp thing i'm doing at the minute. Go get yourself a weight and hold it under your chin. I started with 1.25kg as i think i've done like 30 situps in my entire life before this.

You put your feet on the sofa so your arse is on the floor and your calves are on the seat with your feet touching the backrest. While hanging onto the weight you want to do 10-15 situps but instead of jerking and going for chin past your knees and back down to the floor you want to go slow and instead of focussing on getting a full situp you want to concentrate on crunching your abs like you would on an ab crunch machine. The trick now is once you've got the abs contracted you maintain that contracted state and squeeze the shit out of them as you slowly lower yourself back down. You stop your movement before your back hits the floor as that will allow the abs to relax and that just ruins it. You want to try the whole 10-15 reps with the abs being squeezed the whole time. It'll burn, it'll throb and you'll be breathing erratic as hell but it works. When you find it easier, increase the weight. Do this at the end of every session so 3-4 times a week.

Within three weeks i was doing this with 7.5kg of weight under my chin. Apparently holding the weight trains the muscles more evenly, largely regardless of how heavy the weight is, so the uppper abdominals get a decent squeeze too as opposed to mostly using the lower abdominals without.

Looking god Kris! Without sounding gay (well, maybe a bit), You've got a lovely back there. Traps are lacking a bit though IMO, work dem shrugs. :P

Cheers mate, wide grip pullups and deadlifts seem to be doing most of that for me with leant over barbell rows helping out when i don't think they're that tired. I get massive headaches for 3-4 days if i do traps so tend not to do any shrugs or shoulder excercises. Gonna have to either look at my form or you should take up shares in nurofen! :D

Seeing as people are posting progress I might as well camwhore myself too.

Started late October, haven't trained properly since late Jan. First session back in about 2weeks today.

I know there isnt much there atm, I'm going to keep dirty bulking until late June.

Oh and I apologise for the shitty front shot, trying to take a picture with a phone isnt that handy, I need a webcam or something.

f7b0497a-1.jpg

87ae2766-1.jpg

Edited by Azarathal

Cheers mate, wide grip pullups and deadlifts seem to be doing most of that for me with leant over barbell rows helping out when i don't think they're that tired. I get massive headaches for 3-4 days if i do traps so tend not to do any shrugs or shoulder excercises. Gonna have to either look at my form or you should take up shares in nurofen! :D

aye, i can not believe how i trained for maybe 2/3 years without doing deadlifts, floating around 20% body fat at 16 stone, to 12% at 14 stone. A year of doing deadlifts and im sat at like 17 stone 8, 17%, and its widened my back up no end.

I was just at the end of a session so thought I'd join in on this whole 'How Gay Is TF' picture lark. I'm 176cm, 67kg and by far the most body fat I've ever been - 13%. Want to get to 75kg as my first major weight goal and then re-assess.

post-497-0-85809500-1331758052_thumb.jpg

Yes, I know, I basically have a girls body. And I like writing on my mirror.

EDIT: Dunno why that's on its side, it's the right way up in the normal file...

Edited by JDâ„¢

I hate how even JD at his teeny height with his featherweight weight looks far better than me, because I'm fat.

Bravo sir. Bravo.

I ain't posting pics by the way, because I can't be arsed. That and I look pitiful.