Riding Alone

Davetrials

How do you guys ride alone, i just dont have any motivation and just back hop around, any little ideas?

I am like you! don have much motivation to ride on my own - i don't push myself or anything (which is the exact opposite of how i am like when riding in a group at the mo!)

Infact when i ride by myself, I tend to just ride the curbs outside my house - because i can't be arsed going any further. :P so i just mess about trying different moves/tricks/combo's thinking of stuff to do when i next ride in a group.

but yeah try and think 'outside the box' as try some new technique, instead of trying the biggest stuff

mike

Eh, ride in front of people. Surely, they've seen trials before, but you should make bets with them, or something. Play with it. Make it a game with people. there are people everywhere, I believe. :P

Hit your local square, a library - if you brits have libraries, not sure. You guys have cars, right? :)

I think im struggling at the moment, and partly down to due with riding in very small groups. However when i rode the comp at the w/e i was riding well and pushing myself because i was in a larger group.

However, its motivation, and technique practise when im on my own, im altering my technique now im riding an adamant, its very different but is working, im getting 48" pretty consistently and hitting 50" every now and then. I like to work on different things when its wet / cold and im own my own, like practising sidehopping over stuff.

I also adapt my set up alot when im on my own and think if different bar / lever / stem positions could help my riding.

Meh

i feel im riding pretty shit at the moment, but im still getting used to the adamant. ill let u kknow in a weeks time

love

xx

as onza marko boy said....I tend to ride alone just cos I wanna get better, it eats inside me when I know theres a rocks or wall thats beating me, I just gotta go and do it!

Having a car would help, then I would go to places like back cowm quarry as oftem as I could, but at the mo I'll just have to contend with the shitty canal towpath (my local)

I usually ride on my own on little things like Leedstrials. But I get bored pretty easily on my own, I usually only ride for an hour or so max, whereas on a group ride I can ride for hours and hours. It definitely helps if there's something nearby to ride on though, even just a few secluded curbs are enough to have fun for a few minutes, especially if you're itching to ride :P

Hit your local square, a library - if you brits have libraries, not sure. You guys have cars, right? :)

Don't use TF to judge British people. We are not all illiterate clowns. And yes, we have cars, but over here we call them "horseless carriages".

Dave trials,

Some people just don't ride well when they are alone. You can try to push your self to ride better when your alone but again, some people need the comradery of others to get them motivated. Me on the other hand I ride flatland alone all the time. I use to ride with two other people but I haven't seen them in a long time. Actually, I rather like riding alone but then again, I am alone most of the time anyway.

Ride on,

Deadly Venom

Edited by deadly venom

most of the riding i do is on my own since there isn't much trials riders in Aberdeen city, i do ride with other friends from work and other trials riders sometimes

i like to watch trials vids that i download over and over and watch better riders techniques, this gives me motivation to go out and practice and try and make my own technique better so i can gap further or get up bigger obstacles etc.

i like to go out sometimes and just ride smaller stuff to keep my balance and practice new moves, then go out into town and ride bigger things continually trying to push myself

you also gain motivation by keeping your bike well maintained, i hate riding my bike if the brakes aren't working well or if my bikes dirty so i always keep it clean and make sure everythings working perfectly

when i am out with other riders like ben, towler, darren, then i do like to push myself and try differnt lines they're trying

its all about having that urge to be better, but most importantly to have fun (Y)

Edited by shovel

Riding alone is much better training. You can work on one move for an hour and people won't get mad/bored with you. Try to set a new record--or at least tie it every time you ride. It keeps me going cause I can see myself improving.

When with other people...I feel that I should just do what's in my limits so they don't get bored.

I ride alot better on my own, and then tell people and they never believe me ;) hahah

Seriously I do like riding on my own, its the best way to push yourself. I dont know if anyone can remeber the channel 4 documentry on the guy who created parquor. But he said something like this...

" I prefer to train on my own, because then you are not doing anything for someone else, you are not trying to prove anything to anyone but for yourself. Its when your judgement is at its purest and you see things through your eyes and not anyone elses."

And if that nothing like what he said, then thats what Im saying (Y)

i ride by myself a lot, but i always ride the same places, i tend to practice moves over and over again, til im totally nakered and really cant be bothered with it any more. if i can do one line, i try and do it either the other way around or with different techniques.

i dont go for big moves, its just too risky incase i screw up and hurt me self. set yourself a goal and try and achieve that, if you do great but you will soon realise if you in the mood for a ride or not, if your not go home and watch a dvd! if you stay out and ur not in the mood chances are ul fall off, and hurt yourself or your bike.

major piece of advice, avoid chavs etc who can prove intensely annoying when you dont have other people to help you avoid their attention.

i ride alone unless i go to comps or england. i work on my technique and smoothness when i ride on my own, and leave all the progression to whenever i ride with people. i was stuck at 44" for months, left for england, had 47" in a few days. i can't seem to progress much when i ride alone as i am too scared to push myself. as soon as i ride with somebody else, i really give it real effort, and suddenly i go much bigger than i though i could.

i like riding on my own, it feels rewarding. i do prefer going with someone else though...

Think im like that. I don't like riding alone. I get bored soo easy!

I'm too competetive I think lol.. Thrive on people beating me and makes me try harder n stuff.

However sometimes I am known to go out with the old MP3 player when it actually WORKS.

Don't ride in winter months anyway. Too cold for my liking!

yo big dave..........

just go out and go at things you would normally do but mix it up a little bit approach the wall from different angles and try different things at it, dont hit it the same way all the time thats why it can get boring, iv been out on my own loads and probably do it a good 3/4 times a week, i just find sometimes its more peaceful and entertaining going at things with just me their and have a bit more fun cos you can practise things you dont want people to see (ie if your falling off alot cos a move is quite hard etc etc) and you can sort of get things right and go home pleased.

the other thing is not to let the weather to get to you!!!!!!

Waynio.....................