How's Everybody Finding This Winter Weather

Mr_Pitbull

This is my first trials winter and i'm loving it. Makes things more challenging and makes you concentrate allot more on what your doing, I think its probably helping overall ability like finding edges and getting correct body positioning. Winter so far has been as fun as all summer so i'm still happy :P

I've only started trials and i'm out after school for an hour a night, even if it's pissin it down, mainly cos i wna get ill and not have to do speaking in english, damn my poor confidence...., but it's still fun riding in the car park and pissin off all the moms as they drop their kids of at clubs etc, hehehe. ALSO how can you say you get cold, maybe in scotland it's different, but shame on the rest of you, to t-shirts is all you need, oh and keep moving, that helps to!

Confidense level = Poor

Just practising the same lines over and over again really does get on ones nerves. Especially if you have done big lines and your doing its smaller version, In summer I thought I was getting somewhere but this winter Isn't helping.

Christmas day is a good day to ride (Y).

Edited by Mr_Pitbull

You can do a lot more in the wet than you think you can (Y)

I can still remember at the DJ ride in Abingdon, it had been royally pissing it down. There was me and Nick (Prawn) out riding whilst it was still raining. 7 blue pallet stack, soaked. Wet, minging grassy run-up. Nick tapped it straight to back wheel, then gapped from one side of a skip to the other. In the soaking wet.

Was a bit kerazy. But yeah, just goes to show you can do more than you think you could. Just make sure you're accurate and precise, and it's quite often OK.

Non-raped tyres help though (Y)

Im finding the weather rather....Depressing.

Its really annoying when your either sitting inside sitting on the computer :ermm:

Or when your out riding and its cold,windy etc.

Im still riding though, And its good once your warmed up.

I have just got my new custom FIT bikes S2 BMX though :ermm: , And its great.

specially when Y2SK8 in peterborough is indoor. So i am riding my BMX quite alot at the mo.

Edited by modrider666

First Post.....

Just wondering how everybody is coping with this earl of Winter weather we have been struck with. Seems like the roads never seem to dry and the walls forever green and slippary.

I was out riding today, and it took me 20 mins to warm up :) not liking that at all, seems i cant sit down to relax without going cold again.

Lets pray for warmer days.

(Y) yes the weather is really anoying especially when your hands get cold.......steve

The cold isn't really bothering me much, apart from my hands.

But my brakes are not very good and everything being slippery is starting to annoy me, but in a way its good because it makes me a better rider and I do actually enjoy it when I am not falling on my ass and getting getting soaking wet (Y) because it helps me progress quicker.

Cheers David.

This is my first trials winter and i'm loving it. Makes things more challenging and makes you concentrate allot more on what your doing, I think its probably helping overall ability like finding edges and getting correct body positioning. Winter so far has been as fun as all summer so i'm still happy :)

now this is the attitude im talking abuot. i truly love riding in the wet rain cold allconditions, it you practice hard over the winter and exceeed all ur current standards, then when it comes to summer and its dry, u will grip better and should be able to go bigger, or improve or find a new street move.

i love it, what i do hate is UNI COURSEWORK only 5 days left and work is killing me. although ill be out tonight

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah

The cold doesn't bother me in the slightest really. It's just the rain that bothers me. It is quite fun seeing how far you can push your breaks and tyres before you fall off, I usually do that when just before i ride in the rain that it boosts my cofidence level right up knowing that my breaks will hold.

I want to die.

You can do a lot more in the wet than you think you can ;)

I can still remember at the DJ ride in Abingdon, it had been royally pissing it down. There was me and Nick (Prawn) out riding whilst it was still raining. 7 blue pallet stack, soaked. Wet, minging grassy run-up. Nick tapped it straight to back wheel, then gapped from one side of a skip to the other. In the soaking wet.

Was a bit kerazy. But yeah, just goes to show you can do more than you think you could. Just make sure you're accurate and precise, and it's quite often OK.

Non-raped tyres help though :P

You bitch i was riding with you as well.

inter is ace.... used to hate it, cold nights are better! You have to ride harder to keep warm, and you dont always get away with things in the wet/ice :P, Only thing that gets me down is when i get the cold... but i love it !

cheers,

Ricky

You can do a lot more in the wet than you think you can

Non-raped tyres help though

I want to die.

You bitch i was riding with you as well.

so were me and dan ko lol, was great fun, i gotta get myself some pallets and bits for my garden hehe

Ben