Should I Go 24"

Exstionhead

Yes go 24. Just dont get that crappy onza. I hate onzas, they are the scurge of trials. Get a proper 24" bike like the leeson. Steel is real and all that.

Why are are the scurge of trials? Because they produce quality frames at a cheap price?

Seems a good reason to me :S

Edited by Tom Booth

I've been into my 24inch bikes for ages now, and i'd hav to say, the Ashton was such a great bike to ride, that i wud of loved to of kept riding it. But leeson came my way, and still riding the same frame now.

Only had one crack init, and a new respray.

The onza zoot, not my kind of bike, i have ridden it once, and all i can say is, heavy and should never of been made, 24inch is a street bike. Its hard anuff to ride natural down here in porthcawl on my own bike.

24inch is for street, leeson is the way forward.

LEESON FRAME £400 with free bb and seat post.

Any colour, and if anything goes wrong , all you need to do is send it back. It wud be back with you within a week fixed. Thats for free, fixed.

Now if you bort the zoot, you'd have that hole warrenty thing, which just piss's you off.

up to you shrewers

Why are are the scurge of trials? Because they produce quality frames at a cheap price?

Seems a good reason to me :S

In summary, mass produced generic (usually) cheap crap. They are nothing unique, plus they all have that gay headtube thing going on.

At least with a Leeson or a Curtis, you are getting something bespoke, hand made by people that give a crap. Not some robot, or an exploited nobody, selling his soul to the factories for the price of a happy meal every 2 weeks.

Edited by steve sturt

I've been into my 24inch bikes for ages now, and i'd hav to say, the Ashton was such a great bike to ride, that i wud of loved to of kept riding it. But leeson came my way, and still riding the same frame now.

Only had one crack init, and a new respray.

The onza zoot, not my kind of bike, i have ridden it once, and all i can say is, heavy and should never of been made, 24inch is a street bike. Its hard anuff to ride natural down here in porthcawl on my own bike.

24inch is for street, leeson is the way forward.

LEESON FRAME £400 with free bb and seat post.

Any colour, and if anything goes wrong , all you need to do is send it back. It wud be back with you within a week fixed. Thats for free, fixed.

Now if you bort the zoot, you'd have that hole warrenty thing, which just piss's you off.

up to you shrewers

24inch ISN'T street. It can be anything it wants to be shrewboy, if someone wants to produce a 24 natty uci style bike you shouldn't give them any beef about it! You shouldn't put restraints on stuff, that's how new things can't be invented!

Edited by roozor

go 24, it is the way forward, but not for uci riding, it just wouldnt make sence

its getting away from the whole point of getting a 24"bike!

just no no no no no, get a leeson 609, i need one myself, as my ashton is getting fooked, but has lasted so well, 24 is amazing, for street, but if your gunna be doing uci stuff on it, i just wouldnt bother

24 is for whatever you want it to be, but a 24"uci bike would just suck in my opinion, what would the point be? :S

luisio

I think 24" UCI is the way forwards personally, and IMO onza are the first people to make the leap.

24 was made to begin with to be "street" although i really don't like using that word. If you want the zoot buy a proper UCI bike, as it will ride about the same. You will not get any of the great characteristics of a 24 leeson or curtis from that zoot.