Trials-shack.co.uk Press Release

Simon

Yeah well done simon i havent looked yet but will do in a minute but just wondering about all the old video's...are they being put back up on it or is it just a fresh slate and nothing on it till us lot start uploading again?

Well done again and i hope its as good as it was last time :D

Nick.

just wondering about all the old video's...are they being put back up on it or is it just a fresh slate and nothing on it till us lot start uploading again?

Well, i (well, a source, not naming to save "have you got this video from x?!") has 12gb of Trials-Shack's old videos, but there was 25gb+ of videos when it shut down, so thats under half.

I was planning to start with a clean slate, mainly because uploading 12gb would take litterely weeks.

granted i also loved the shack of love back in the day, and im sure it will provide an excellent service again

BUT

tv.isg.si is an excellent host, there is no denying their user interface works, and the download speed is fairly good. or it is for me anyway.

good on you simon, sure your site will be excellent with a good code etc and good interface, but there will be another host alongside it people. TV.ISG.SI is a good host, granted eengoedidee.nl sucks dick, but it always has.

enough of the bumming, simon is helping the trials community, but seriously enough bumming.

Trials-Shack is better than that tv.igi whatever it is.

It's biketrials dedicated, and I used to always get 220 kb/sec + off Simon's host, compared to 80kb/sec off the other.

Also, we know all the content is biketrials = better. I prefer the lack of advertisement clean look, and the new navigation's rawsome.

I'd like the bumming to carry on to be honest. No reason why not to.

Trials-Shack is better than that tv.igi whatever it is.

It's biketrials dedicated, and I used to always get 220 kb/sec + off Simon's host, compared to 80kb/sec off the other.

Also, we know all the content is biketrials = better. I prefer the lack of advertisement clean look, and the new navigation's rawsome.

I'd like the bumming to carry on to be honest. No reason why not to.

but with the clean look how is si meant to keep the money flowing for the site to run. If i were si, i would suggest having banners for the shops just like TF so that he has money going into the site, and im sure the banners help the shops otherwise they wouldnt have the banners. A VICIOUS CYCLE.

maybe so, but TV.ISG.SI (come on nick its not hard to type) works, it does work there is no doubting that. YES simons host was good, but its not the holy grail and the only one we will use. I guarantee ill use both. As long as i get an account (Y).

tv.isg.si is an excellent host, there is no denying their user interface works, and the download speed is fairly good. or it is for me anyway.

I fully agree. I've mentioned to atleast 1 other that i fear i've come back to late, what now with atleast 2 other decent hosts, 3 if you ask the right people, and i relise v1.5 isn't really much better then any other. I'm going to sound big headed here, but giving credit where credit is due, Trials-Shack is a damn good system, and beats even tv.isg for functionality. No linking to folders then giving file names to download, allowing linking to files direct, so and so forth.

Anyway, i'm not going to sit here and sell Trials-Shack to you, and tell you how amazing it is, or will be, as thats for you to decided. I'm not going to push anyone to use any service, and i completly relise there is other hosts around that are now as established as Trials-Shack was.

However.

If you read the press release, it says i'll be using the old code, but hope to have v3 ready for june. I don't care if anyone says my ego is huge or i'm being big headed, but v3 can easily wipe the floor with any other host. :P

And Nick, i'm using a different server provider, so not sure what speeds everyone will be getting, i just hope they aren't completly shit. If they are, i'll move to my back-up plan.

See, i even have back-up plans. :P

Also, there will be banners, just like trials-forum, in a non-intrusive place. More details on that to follow, got a few more press releases planned to roll out before going live etc.