Am I Overweight

stevecoust

How can it be affecting your riding you came first in the tyke didn't you :huh:

rickyb :turned:

Im 6 foot and 11.5 stone :P

And i still worry if im eating to much or fat sometimes (N)

snap :D

Edited by rickyb

Ok, i have personal experience of this, in my oppinion i would not give a s*it whether people think u are fat or not.

I am 6ft4 and 19.5stone and i think i ride to a relitively good standard, people on the pompey and suton rides this weekend may back me up :ermm:

It is all in the practice, i mean i have hardly changed in weight over the past 18months i expect and yet my riding has still improved significantly!!!!!

Just keep at it dude, u may loose weight whilst riding, if not who cares.............

Adam

f**king Word.

Why care? you are who you are? just live with it :)

Im 6 ft 3" or 4" and weigh 15 stone. Preety happy as i am :)

Tom

Just a little thing i thought up........imagine weighing 11 Stone, strapping 3 stone to your body and doing a sidehop, Would is make a dramatic improvement to how you made the sidehop and the effort you put in?

Answer is........yes of course it would. Just keep riding, eat healthy.

Seriously? Havn't seen you in a while but I don't remember you being that tall..... :S

But yeah, Bigman was gonna be my example of someone who could certainly do with shifting a few pounds, but is still an awesome rider.

I think its a southwest thing, the bigger you are the better the rider - Bigman, Prawn, Gary, Steve. Then theres just freaks like Andrei who don't count....

Rich

spose i dont count as southwest anymore :(

IPB Image

Wicked , i only come up as fat on that. :lol:

Ok, i have personal experience of this, in my oppinion i would not give a s*it whether people think u are fat or not.

I am 6ft4 and 19.5stone and i think i ride to a relitively good standard, people on the pompey and suton rides this weekend may back me up :ermm:

It is all in the practice, i mean i have hardly changed in weight over the past 18months i expect and yet my riding has still improved significantly!!!!!

Just keep at it dude, u may loose weight whilst riding, if not who cares.............

Adam

I love you!

I weight nearly 20 stone , I feel it hinders my ability some times. But there we go i love food :-

i have a bit of a tummy but thats stress related (i mite get ritallin or prozac) and i'm "overwieght" acordin to that BULLSHIT i am lol, thats totally wrong some guy in my year wieghts 15st and hes 5ft3 or sumin and theres so fat on him, muscly steriod filled b*****d...

i have a bit of a tummy but thats stress related (i mite get ritallin or prozac) and i'm "overwieght" acordin to that BULLSHIT i am lol, thats totally wrong some guy in my year wieghts 15st and hes 5ft3 or sumin and theres so fat on him, muscly steriod filled b*****d...

You need to take more ritalin.

weight does next to nothing on your riding, riding is about practice and if you can practice while your a big lad you will ride well as a big lad. Im a fair size myself, but saying that i lost a stone in last few months, and when i used to ride properly i could do as much as someone 4 stone lighter than me riding for the same time period.

Yeah weight will play a small part but its mainly about health, power and muslce IMO

Frooty

The main thing is the muscle:fat ratio you have on your body, fat however does not help wit your riding as it doesn't do anything but weigh you down, too much muscle however will leave you getting tired on your ride a lot faster as muscle requires energy just to be on your body and weighs alot so needs energy to move itself because of its own weight.

Edited by derenkirby

my maths teachers wife worked in a "SPECIAL" school and he was trying to get some for me so i would be less irritating :huh: it doesnt make you sedate just less distruptive apparently