Drop Offs

trials goose

Topics like this are shite to be honest...........

Drops are pointless realy, yeh they may look impressive, but there are so many things that can go wrong with a drop which can see your bike broken, or worse yourself......

Drops up to 6ft could be considered useful as they are more than likely to be incorperated into sections which u may see in competitions or within a certain line on some street riding, but anything over that i don't see much point in as all that will happen is something will break in the end........

Also there is a classic hint of trials forum tape measure in these sorts of topics!!!!!!

Adam.

It's not the drop size,it's the way you drop,your style

I remember doing a 7 foot drop/ride off :P on my mountain bike last year at an old lock, and nearly hit my head on the handlebar I landed that smoothly :- Trials wise its only a few pallets because I'm not what you'd call good. :$

5'8 on a saracen...are you suicidale(sp?)? :P

From Lee

did 6 foot on my saracen cracked it doing it the 4th time which was a bit of a bugger

dont really do drops its effort climbing up and to fall down really

look theres no need for sarcasm

its not sarcasm how can you snapp a bb while falling when no force is acting upon the cranks?

Mine is 8ft off an old school bus stop....i did use to like doing big drops but it aint that good doing them all the time as you'll eventually break yourself or your bike! They're fun to do if you've got loads of passer buys watching you intently with young kids while saying "he aint got a seat he must be mad" lol. The feeling you get from doing a big drop is quite a buzz but breaking your bike aint :P

Edited by montyrider