Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

Plane distance.

I was in a long distance relationship for a couple of years. I guess it depends on what country she's in and how much money you have in the bank. PM me if you like. :)

What do you do when you hurt the person you love?

On saturday I was having a shit day. Everything at work was going wrong, I went to work on my car whilst I waited for the missus to come out, and that was going wrong. I got a text from her saying she was free, so I started to walk to hers. I then get a text saying she won't be out til later. So that annoyed me a bit, cos she told me she was free. Oh well, i went and sorted out my mothers day present, by that time she told me she was leaving her house. I told her where I was, and she was like 'oh but i'm going this way' which was the opposite direction. I asked her if she could turn back so I could leave my stuff at hers, and she basically said no.

I thought she was meeting her friends, which is why she wouldn't walk back cos then shed be leaving them...

So it felt to me like shed rather see then than me, so I'd had enough. I started walking away and thinking, I zoned out and ended up walking 6miles home. I didn't tell her, I don't know why. I wasn't thinking properly.

What I did, was leave her waiting in town for me alone. She stopped her revision to see me, and I feel so guilty for it. I've really hurt her, and Ive explained myself and apologised so many times. I'm trying my best to make things right again, but it isn't enough.

It wasn't her I walked away from, it was everything. I just needed to be alone, I thought that's what I needed. I'm an idiot for not telling her.

She's told me that she can't just forget about it, and I can understand that.

I said to her that I'm going to give her some space now, let her see her friends and think over it all about us two...

Not being funny but it seems like shes making a rather big deal about you not meeting her, sure it wasn't nice but it's not THAT bad. Or maybe I'm missing some story from the middle there.

In other news, I'm completely besotted with a woman that I can not have. It's actual torture!

I know this wont mean much at all, but try not to sweat it too much. Sounds like there was a lot of misunderstandings and general frustrations going on which have ended up feeling like this massive thing.

I'm sure there's a reason, but why didn't she phone you while she was waiting?

I found that my relationship got a hell of a lot easier when I stopped needing to fix problems instantly. I used to do something wrong (that wasn't major) and just not leave Leanne alone till she said she'd forgive me for it, which just used to frustrate us both even more and end up in a massive argument (hence my old monthly visits here to say we'd broken up AGAIN). Now that we both just chill out and give each other some time to realise how small whatever either of us did was, it takes bugger all time.

Give her the space, she knows your sorry and at the end of the day she'll realise that your relationship is worth far more than a little misunderstanding and a small amount of wasted time.

In other news, I'm completely besotted with a woman that I can not have. It's actual torture!

Your mum?

(If that's totally out of order please tell me to piss off, but we have a lot of 'your mum' jokes going on here at the moment... haha)

Thanks guys. I don't know why she didn't ring me. I tried asking her but she took it the wrong way and thought I was saying she doesn't care. She doesn't open up and let me know her problems.

When we're out with our mates, I'd be attatched to her and it'd seem fine. But now she's said that she feels like she can't do her own thing with her mates, cos she doesn't wanna upset me. But she won't! I thought she wanted to be with me like that, if she went off she'd come straight back to me, and I thought it was because she wanted to. Now I think she was just doing it to try not to upset me.

That's the thing, she never tells me these things, so I just carry on because I don't realise that I'm doing anything wrong!

Thanks guys. I don't know why she didn't ring me. I tried asking her but she took it the wrong way and thought I was saying she doesn't care. She doesn't open up and let me know her problems.

When we're out with our mates, I'd be attatched to her and it'd seem fine. But now she's said that she feels like she can't do her own thing with her mates, cos she doesn't wanna upset me. But she won't! I thought she wanted to be with me like that, if she went off she'd come straight back to me, and I thought it was because she wanted to. Now I think she was just doing it to try not to upset me.

That's the thing, she never tells me these things, so I just carry on because I don't realise that I'm doing anything wrong!

That seems to be the way both women and men act. Without communication neither knows that they aren't doing exactly what's perfect for the other. Then the other acts out of their comfort zone just because of the love they have for you, but secretly bubbling up underneath until some straw comes along to break the camels back.

If there's a lesson to learn it's maybe that you need to find a way to get her to communicate to you more. I have a similar problem with Leanne, but with her it seems it was more a comfort thing as now she's living with me she seems to be opening up a lot more.

I would imagine that she took your question about not ringing the wrong way because she probably made a concious decision not to because she was also frustrated and she knows that admitting this to herself makes her as 'wrong' as you are (even though I don't think either of you are based on the tiny info I know) and she has no reason to be annoyed. But she want's to be anyway because she has a vagina.

I'm sure it'll work out fine buddy.

What more info do you want?

Nah, I didn't mean it like you should give more, I just meant I'm not in your situation so I can only give the view of an outsider. From my own experience, people react like that when they have just realised that they are in the wrong too and feel they aren't ready to admit it yet so they just use it as an attack. That might not be the case here, she could actually feel like you're saying she doesn't care but I think that's a pretty wild accusation to be make based on the evidence that ultimately she didn't ring you and she could/should have. Same as you've admitted to yourself that you could/should have not zoned out and walked home.

She'll be ready to admit she's no more right than you in time, and I would imagine it wont be too much time either. Me, I'd call up and say that we should go out for a drink and just forget about it. Often that's a nice way out for them as you're not asking them to admit they were in the wrong too.

Dan, man up ffs this is typical small issue blown wayyyy out of proportion by mardy girl, stop kissing her ass over it and she might forget about it!

Try being besotted with someone you could have but really, really, really shouldn't..! Will power >_<

We were going to spend today alone together, just the two of us. Then she asked if we could go out later, and I said 'yeah maybe' and she got all annoyed at me again. So i'm giving her space.

I know it's a small issue if I look back on it, I'm the one doing my best to fix it!

Man up blah blah blah... Yeah I know. Can you not think up some actual advice to try and help me? Being a fanny about it a being a 'proper man' isn't going to help me at all.

We were going to spend today alone together, just the two of us. Then she asked if we could go out later, and I said 'yeah maybe' and she got all annoyed at me again. So i'm giving her space.

I know it's a small issue if I look back on it, I'm the one doing my best to fix it!

Man up blah blah blah... Yeah I know. Can you not think up some actual advice to try and help me? Being a fanny about it a being a 'proper man' isn't going to help me at all.

The correct answer there then should have been yes! Sounds like she's coming out of her huff anyway now so just try to stop worrying too much about it. Like I said, I spent a lot of time trying to 'fix' situations with Leanne and it always ended up going the wrong way. As soon as I just decided I was in the right (if I was) then it took bugger all time for her to come to me saying she'd blown it out of proportion.

Can you not think up some actual advice to try and help me? Being a fanny about it a being a 'proper man' isn't going to help me at all.

stop kissing her ass over it and she might forget about it!

You're being a fanny doing what you're doing! You're being super sensitive and apologetic for something she's clearly not that bothered about and you keep bringing it back up! She wants to go out, you want to stay in and talk over it one to one, kiss and make up and generally be a complete pussy. Just let it go! This is much more of an issue for you than it is for her by the sound of things!

You're being a fanny doing what you're doing! You're being super sensitive and apologetic for something she's clearly not that bothered about and you keep bringing it back up! She wants to go out, you want to stay in and talk over it one to one, kiss and make up and generally be a complete pussy. Just let it go! This is much more of an issue for you than it is for her by the sound of things!

There are bugger all fitting good cop/bad cop images on google for me to chuck in here. Missed opportunity.

Your mum?

(If that's totally out of order please tell me to piss off, but we have a lot of 'your mum' jokes going on here at the moment... haha)

Totally out of order Adam! (joking, haha)

Try being besotted with someone you could have but really, really, really shouldn't..! Will power >_<

Well the problem isn't I CAN'T have her because I almost did, it's the fact that she's engaged and I REALLY shouldn't!!

And trust me, that first time I deserved a friggin award for my will power!

Well the problem isn't I CAN'T have her because I almost did, it's the fact that she's engaged and I REALLY shouldn't!!

And trust me, that first time I deserved a friggin award for my will power!

Ah I've got the opposite problem, I'm seeing someone and proper want my ex (who is all over me (metaphorically) all of a sudden) but the girl I'm seeing is sound, and my ex is the biggest nobhead you're ever likely to encounter...

Edited by Jolfa

Was seeing a girl for a few weeks but I started to drift away due to her constant need for attention which I could suffice. She however wont take no for an answer, I have told her I no longer want anything more to do with her except for friendship if she wants it.

I made this pretty clear to her, face to face, however she is telling her friends im giving her mixed signals and they seem to be getting involved with it too... Last night I went and saw her just to tell her once more im done with it all and she said if I do it its goodbye, although she is a good laugh, Im not being in something I dont want to be so I said if thats how it is then ok.

Today she calls me to say she needs to talk to me, when last night she said she never wants to see me again. Why wont she just stick to her guns.

thought youe were about to tell everyone your on the verge of becoming a paedo?! haha i jokes

Edited by arw_86

Yeah, you've actually got that spot on I think! I'm making the usual mistakes then I guess.. :/

thanks!

Too late to tell me I'm right

I'm not talking to you until you apologise for the next 6 weeks and generally be a complete pussy around me, hmmph :closedeyes:

thought youe were about to tell everyone your on the verge of becoming a paedo?!

She's just turned 5, not like I fancy a toddler or anything, christ.