Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

Go on, tell me why it's stupid then! I remember Jolfa and Skoze disagreeing with me last time about it. Just pretty narrow minded and can't see the bigger picture :)

So retarded, it is exactly the same, you could write a lengthy Whatsapp and sign it off with a kiss in exactly the same way you can send short texts in instant message format.

You saying it's an entirely different way to talk will never not be retarded.

Anyway, a girl has asked to meet you, chill out, it's just that - a meeting to introduce yourselves :)

So retarded, it is exactly the same, you could write a lengthy Whatsapp and sign it off with a kiss in exactly the same way you can send short texts in instant message format.

You saying it's an entirely different way to talk will never not be retarded.

Anyway, a girl has asked to meet you, chill out, it's just that - a meeting to introduce yourselves :)

Well I for one strongly disagree with you and think that they are very different things, and that everyone I know who uses whatsapp and text messages see them differently.

IMO Dan is right on this one.

is that normal that I check the snapchat every 15 minutes, and have a strong feeling that she wont reply back/I will never see her again?

yeah, girls are strange but you know. They hold all the pussy in the world

Jésus man, you don't be adding girls on Snapchat straight off.

Snapchat is used for one thing, flirting (and sending nudes to a conqured FB).

Talk to her, don't be all stalky stalky rapey rapey with her on snapchat.

You have most certainly blown it by chasing her and seeming needy.

Women take time, unless they are skanks. I chased Bethan for years and was always in the friends with benefits zone, I tried so hard to bust out of it and it didn't work. So I settled for second best.

Ignored her for a year, and the next time I saw her she was all over me. Ignored her for a further 4 years and the next thing you know she is chasing me down.

You have got to show a girl that you are awesome and make her want to be a part of your fantastic life. If she is into you then she will come get you, chasing her will just make her think you are a sap and make her ego trip.

Jésus man, you don't be adding girls on Snapchat straight off.

Snapchat is used for one thing, flirting (and sending nudes to a conqured FB).

Talk to her, don't be all stalky stalky rapey rapey with her on snapchat.

You have most certainly blown it by chasing her and seeming needy.

Women take time, unless they are skanks. I chased Bethan for years and was always in the friends with benefits zone, I tried so hard to bust out of it and it didn't work. So I settled for second best.

Ignored her for a year, and the next time I saw her she was all over me. Ignored her for a further 4 years and the next thing you know she is chasing me down.

You have got to show a girl that you are awesome and make her want to be a part of your fantastic life. If she is into you then she will come get you, chasing her will just make her think you are a sap and make her ego trip.

That's it guys, the real advice right there.

5 years + of ignoring them, then you're in there!

• Like 8

Yeah Dans right on that one. I personally have never used whatsapp to talk to a girl but I have used iMessage alot and its very different to texting. I think you get much better interaction and you can see when they're typing. :P

That's it guys, the real advice right there.

5 years + of ignoring them, then you're in there!

Mine's pretty extreme, but women don't like being chased.

If she isn't special I would be giving up after a week haha.

Edited by Pashley26

Mine's pretty extreme, but women don't like being chased.

If she isn't special I would be giving up after a week haha.

You could argue that the ignoring is part of the chase in the long run (if you're at all times hoping for a relationship as an end result).

You could argue that the ignoring is part of the chase in the long run (if you're at all times hoping for a relationship as an end result).

...and if you did argue that point, you'd be 100% correct.

• Like 2

Yeah Dans right on that one. I personally have never used whatsapp to talk to a girl but I have used iMessage alot and its very different to texting. I think you get much better interaction and you can see when they're typing. :P

I'm glad some people see the light :P

I'm assuming here, that people prefer whatsapp because you can tell when people are online, when the message is read, and ultimately when you're being ignored?

What did you do before whatsapp? Texting is fine and more personal I think.

And ignoring women to make them want you? Girls don't like being chased? Rubbish.

Not every girl is the same, but I'd stake my bets that the majority of girls love the attention - if they're not responding to that, they're not interested and move on.

Regarding the whatsapp thing I forgot you use android so obviously you have to text. Whereas on iPhones they have iMessage, which is as quick as whatsapp and you can see when they are typing too. If I didn't have iMessage I could see why whatsapp may be better.

• Like 1

I'm assuming here, that people prefer whatsapp because you can tell when people are online, when the message is read, and ultimately when you're being ignored?

What did you do before whatsapp? Texting is fine and more personal I think.

It's not about that for me, I have my settings so no-one can see when I was last online and as a result of that I can't see anyones either.

Also the sending pics really is definitely a bonder, like with the girl from Tinder we've swapped 386 pics back and forth over a month or so as you can take a pic and it might relate to something you've said or done and create funnies from it. It's all pretty obvious shit and sounds so stupid when typed out.. ha

For me it's all about how you bond with someone thus becoming closer to them. As said, my humour is based on quick wit and whatsapp allows you do that when you're both "online" at the same time as you can fire messages back and forth instantly, if people don't understand that then that's their problem :P

Edited by dann2707

Lads.

Really dunno what's up with me but I swear most guys my age love going out, and getting with the first girl they deem attractive. I've done this a couple of times but don't really find it enjoyable.

I spoke to a mate about it and he reckons I'm more of a settled relationship guy, which I suppose is true. Anyone else like this? Maybe I'm just a pussy and not confident enough to chat to a random girl and get to know them, which is mainly down to the fact i almost always f**k up and mishear something they say and the whole thing becomes awkward.

It's really to f**k me off, I go to the pub a few nights a week and I'm not shy at all, I'm a pretty confident guy I think but not confident with the fact I'll be able to hear others. I'm alright with mates but when it comes to small talk with strangers I've come to a point where I've f**ked up so much I don't even bother. I'll just introduce myself, they'll introduce themselves and 9/10 times I won't even get their name lol. It's really starting to make me feel like shit.

I've even been to massive meet ups for deaf people and I don't even get along with them either because they all use sign language. f**ks sake.

The only time I got off with girls in a club as I recall was when I was pissed, walked up to them, tried to dance but was probably embarrassing myself ha and just got off with them after a half a minute or so without even saying a word.

Shit like this makes me want to use tinder and try get dates and meet people and get closer through that, but another part of me worries I'll just be awkward through the entire date.

F uck. My. Life.

I spoke to a mate about it and he reckons I'm more of a settled relationship guy, which I suppose is true. Anyone else like this? Maybe I'm just a pussy and not confident enough to chat to a random girl and get to know them, which is mainly down to the fact i almost always f**k up and mishear something they say and the whole thing becomes awkward.

I think i'm definitely like you. The thought of going up to someone in a club and chatting makes me feel a bit awkward as I always think girls who go to clubs who wear short skirts are there for the big guys with low cut tops and muscles etc haha. I was only lucky with Grace because she came up to me, I wasn't even on the pull that night haha.

You should really give Tinder more than a day dude. It's great because you don't get to see how many people reject you as the people that pop up with the chat message thing are those who swiped that they like you haha.

Plus you could put in your description something about it then people know? Some people think Tinder is literally a hook up for a one night stand thing and it's really not. I've talked to some genuinely really nice and honest people on it with decent morals. It's always in the first reply that you'll understand what sort of person they are, bit like what they say about a job interview haha first impressions and all that.

Hm I may give it another go.

Really wish I could try going out just once with normal hearing and see how different it is.

Yeah definitely would want them to know asap, hate to think it'd put people off but truth be told it probably does. But that's probably mainly the girls that are up themselves and believe they need a perfect guy, and nobody is perfect.

Wonder how I should go about mentioning I'm deaf in a bio without seeming like a retard, or attention seeking. I've tried before and never managed.