Older People

planet x alan

:angry: right. today has been my sh*test day riding for a long time. firstly at about 1 o'clock i was about to go for a gap over a stair well (decided not to do it in the end) when this guy, who looked about 40 year old went to walk up the stairs looked at me like i was a fresh peice of dog sh*te in the middle of the pavement and said "what the f*** are you doing on that f***ing wall get the f*** down and f*** off"

so i replied with " chill out"

then he came back with " what the f*** you gonna do about it" and repeated this several times

then me, who was getting very p*ssed off and really debating wether to hit the guy said back to him "why dont you shut up and f**k off, you're pathetic"

he said nothing, and i dropped off the wall so harsh my rim hit the floor.

then about 3 hours later, we were sat out side the newsagents, waiting for a friend who went inside, i got bored of sitting so i did a 180 endo to trackstand, and this 20 odd year old barged me for no reason at all and walked a bit and then shouted "watch where you're going you stupid c***"

i said nothing back to this as i was shocked. baring in mind i am only 16 :S

i just think there is no need in people being so pathetic :huh:

Unfortunately it happens. Hitting one of them first will only accomplish the following;

a. arrest

b. give trials riders a bad name

c. prove the civilian right in their judgement of you

d. a law suit

e. all of the above

Just gotta grit your teeth and bare it mate.

Edited by Smo

Mate, don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us. They were obviously jealous of your youth, damn tax paying coffin dodgers.

As Smo said just ignore them, it'll confuse them, by abusing them back you'll only prove the sterotype they have of you.

You have my sympathies, but we all have to get over the things that grate on our mind.

Unfortunately it happens. Hitting one of them first will only accomplish the following;

a. arrest

d. a law suit

e. all of the above

Just gotta grit your teeth and bare it mate.

you missed out getting hit back..

a. arrest

d. a law suit

e. all of the above

Unfortunately, we already have a bad name.

Mostly thanks to bmx'ers( not a dig at bmx'ers, but at the reputation they have received and is passed on to us.) and chavs that ride bmx's everywhere causing trouble. To the point that anyone who rides a bike in a way that isn't on the road is a nuiscence. Just try to act nice so that they come to realise that we aren't like the hoody wearing yobs they think we are. And from there we can get ourselves a good reputation.

About a week ago, me and my mate were aboutto climb a fence at our closed railway, to do a gap.

the platform ledge, to far rail.

I just lifted my bike over, and my mate put his over, and this guy pulls up in a car, shouts out 'OI WHAT YOU c**ts DOING!!?? f**k OFF!!" beeped the horn, then drove off. :blink: #

We continued.

Then about 5mins later, some old lady in a wheelchair tells us to go, becuase we were scaring her horse in the nearby field. :lol:

The horse didn't even see us.

:rolleyes:

In my experience ignoring people will make them get physical quicker... people tend to take offence if you don't listen to them and they'll already be angry.

I used to just say, "Fair enough." Then leave. Then I got ballsy and tried the tactic of squaring up to them to shake their confidence. Nine times out of ten it would work. The other odd time you have to decide whether it's worth losing teeth over trying to make a gap you can come back to another day.

I would suggest, if you don't want your head kicked in, you don't ignore them. Just keep the peace, leave and come back another day.

Yeah Smo etc are right, you have to just bare it. I try to bare it, but the comprimise is I say sorry very sarcastically :S In all honesty if I see someone in the way of my line, I'll just stop and wait, im very paitent that way. But when people start looking at me I just stare back at them. Its rude I know but Im starting to get annoyed....

When people ask questions in the way that they think they know better, thats when my smart arse-ness comes in. They say like "ooo you training for the circus are you" I'll say something like "No this is trials rding, all the youngsters are trying it nowadays because its cool...." At that point id be highly tempted to finish off with "Why? did you give birth to two monkeys or something?"

I don't usually give people any stick for saying anything sometimes i do but it just depends on what they are saying/how they say it/how big they are. although I'm a bit sick of people in my village telling me to go somewhere else (cba to go into it) but it realy gets my back up when they say it to me, and what with me being a mosher no one has any respect for me anyway so i've given up and go f**king apeshit at them . out of my village i suppose i behave like most riders and am prety careful about it. bleh i need to stop posting all the time.

I was riding up a sign in portsmouth and some guy on a becch told me to not touch the sign, so I sidehop over it, he then tells me to "f**k off", so I then go and sit next to him on the wall where he was sat. He stood up, faced me and said "you are in a very procurious position" (i just guess that he was going to push me off so I would fall 9ft) so I stood up, walked around him, so he was closer to the wall than i was, squared up to him and said "and now you are".

I then walked off, then a mate came up to me and said the guy had just started crying, lol.

Edited by ash-kennard

I was riding up a sign in portsmouth and some guy on a bechtold me to not touch the sign, so I sidehop over it, he then tells me to f**k off, so I then go and sit next to him on the wall where he was sat. he stood up, faced me and said "you are in a very procurious position" (i just guess that he was going to push me off so I would fall 9ft. so I stood up, walked around him, so he was closer to the wall than i was, squared up to him and said "and now you are".

I then walked off, then a mate came up to me and said the guy had just started crying, lol.

HAHAHAHA :lol:

plain genious. (Y):lol:

I don't tend to get grief, i'm almost 22 and not that small. I tend to just look at them or say "do you mind, i'm trying to ride"...

If they accuse me of damaging things i just tell them I pay my taxes to have things repaired, and if they used their brains they'd know rubber doesn't damage anything.

I never back off.

I don't start fights, but I never let a grumpy old twat tell me what to do, that ended when I hit adulthood.

Well when your out riidng,take a small plant out with you in your abg,then if an old codger says something to you,simply take the plant from your bag,hold it up to there face and say 'Do you know what you've got in common with this plant??.......you're both going in the ground soon' And calmly ride off lol. Just dont be dicks to them and they should be ok with you.

zoo baby!

I don't tend to get grief, i'm almost 22 and not that small. I tend to just look at them or say "do you mind, i'm trying to ride"...

If they accuse me of damaging things i just tell them I pay my taxes to have things repaired, and if they used their brains they'd know rubber doesn't damage anything.

I never back off.

I don't start fights, but I never let a grumpy old twat tell me what to do, that ended when I hit adulthood.

Love it, Ill use the I pay taxes line now.

I was riding up a sign in portsmouth and some guy on a becch told me to not touch the sign, so I sidehop over it, he then tells me to "f**k off", so I then go and sit next to him on the wall where he was sat. He stood up, faced me and said "you are in a very procurious position" (i just guess that he was going to push me off so I would fall 9ft) so I stood up, walked around him, so he was closer to the wall than i was, squared up to him and said "and now you are".

i hope that made you feel big...

maybe i have more respect for people, but i know that in the vast majority of situations, i as a trials rider i am in the wrong. im not going to deny that i bash the occasional wall all be it by accident. i have close shaves with the occasional pedestrian and i ride on private property. for this reson i am fully willing to take the occasional abuse and accept that i am in the wrong. i often find that being polite and uncomfrontational is a far far better solution than feeling somehow that you have to have the last word. i don't feel the need to get cocky with people just to be drawn into a niggly argument.

each to there own. but you can guarantee that by taking a more laid back approach you won't be half as pissed off when somebody does say something, plus people will be far more laid back with you in the future.

my thoughts.

/\ thats not always true, i was on a bench the other day, and some old women started hitting me with her walking stick. She didnt even ask me to move or nothing?

yer but by convention to 99.9% of the population a public bench is for sitting on. whatever you percieve it as to the general public it looks riding on it will damage it. i think you have to see it from her view. you describe her as an old women, trying to get a young strong male off a bench. can you not see how she would be threatened by the situation? sure you cannot condone what she did, but you can understand why she did it.

i am sure you can find many other examples, im not saying this is always the right way, however being a willy to the majority of old people isn't going to help. how would you like some young guy squaring up to say your parents or grandparents and making them cry just because they told you not to touch a sign. i for one would be damn f**ked off.

If they are rude to me, or just plain moronic, i will be the god damn same back to them.

Some women asked me to move of this bench (this bench was haggered beach wood in some beach garden, so not even a proper bench). Thing is, she didn't really "ask", she instructed. I told her where the f**k to go, and she got all pissy. I simply said "be polite, and i'd be happy to move", and i would of moved had she been.

Going back to the original post - you said you were about to gap some stair-set which someone was about to use? If you think about it, if he'd been having a shitty day too, nearly being hit by someone on a bike might've been the straw that broke the camels back, and he just lost his rag. Alternatively, he may have just been a full-on fanny, but even so, just watch out for people before you go for a line or whatever in public, pretty much. Some people are twats, but just think who you're dealing with before you answer, basically...

I was about to ride on a churchyard the other month, and some dead old woman came up to me and said 'a church is not a place for riding' so I thought fair enough, turned around and rode off...however, just as i rode off she hit my back wheel fairly hard with her walking stick.

I stopped, turned around and she smiled...yea, you will f**king smile you old twat, I'll punch you 6ft under (thats a joke for thoses who dont understand). But I just replied 'have you f**king finished?' and she just looked terrified...my work was done :)