The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

More special episodes please. the vietnam one is still by far one of the best things I've seen.

Where can they go though? They've done the Polar episode, USA roadtrip, Africa, and Vietnam.

Same with the big races, they've gone right across Europe pretty much, several times, there's just nothing new for them to do. :(

I thought that they could do a cheap car challenge on 80s hot hatches which would be pretty interesting.

Where can they go though? They've done the Polar episode, USA roadtrip, Africa, Vietnam and South America

Same with the big races, they've gone right across Europe pretty much, several times, there's just nothing new for them to do. :(

I thought that they could do a cheap car challenge on 80s hot hatches which would be pretty interesting.

I reckon Asia or Australia could be quite good?

They tried. Didn't work.

To be honest, I wouldn't like to watch Top Gear for anything remotely interesting.

Lets face it, James May is the only interesting one on the show - the other two are just wankers who'd be out of ajob if it weren't for Top Gear because theres no way they could host another show and not come across as a pair of talentless retards.

If you like Top Gear but want to watch something more interesting, I'd recomment James Mays series (Big Ideas, Toy Stories, and even James May in Space which was excellent).

They come across as talentless bumbling fools on purpose, because it's funny. Clarkson has at least 1 weekly column in some paper or other, Hammond has presented loads of other telly things too.

werent the best episode but i liked it, as most of it is filmed near me. The petrol station where they get their cars washed is 5 mins from my house. Weird seeing places you recognise. Wasnt keen on the fact they tried to represent the whole of birmingham with the hightstreet of sparkhill/sparkbrook, one of the worst places around. lol

Edited by arw_86

Total Wipeout?

If I were you I'd probably have left that out... Agreed though that both Jez and Hamster would certainly still have no problem finding employment (not that they need it) if TG were to be cancelled. Both are reasonably good writers and columnists so would never struggle even away from TV.

i thought last weeks episode was the last? but now they are showing the best bits of stuff from 2010, and this is 1 of 4 programmes. But its not called 'Best of Top Gear' so i dont know if its repeats or just funny unseen bits n bobs they edited out of other episodes.

either way should be funny

edit: oh, its just the best of. let doooooown

Edited by arw_86

jezza has only recently become more, well, silly... i have tones of old top gear videos.. yes videos ;) that show him being more serious, and only occasionally silly.

have you never thought about the fact that since he has became like he is now in top gear... more people are becoming interested in it? not just people like me that are petrol heads!

and ive met hammond, and hes just too cool, so dont dis :P

Edited by Sam Styles

• 4 months later...

Ferrari make their standard cars super fast, but have a limited track appeal IMO (unless your spunking millions on your trackday fun

The Porsche has a race series pedigree and, in my opinion, much more appeal to a true track racer. I'll never have enough money to compare either so I'll never know, but I'd take the Porsche presonally.

I think the whole raw appeal of the porsches' backwards design and simplicity appeals to me somehow, the design is an underdog, plucky and flawed but still punching above it's weight, the Merc and Ferrari are other worldly including their price-tags!