The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

Aye that's true. I want to see more cheap car challenges and ridiculous races. Last series had that Mustang race, but they only cost about £30k I think? Why no more shots like that one of the Veyron coming past the camera car at 150+?

Same. It's entertaining in a moronic pointless kind of way but they need to stop trying to be funny. You can see the 'comedy' coming a mile off and it just doesn't suit them.

You need to get used to it, they're not going to change. There have been episodes a lot worse in that respect, this one wasn't too bad. A bit meh, but glad to see it back, at least there's something to look forward to every Sunday with The Simpsons, South Park and Family Guy temporarily off air.

Edited by Greetings

That's because it's ever so slightly scripted. :P

I've been noticing this more and more which is annoying, wish they'd do some proper ones. Like the ones where they drove across the channel which I'm sure is legit.

Does anyone know who's on the trial motorbike in the start raster of what's to come

Is it Julian du pont ?

I'd say its dougie lampkin, looks like he's riding a gasser and has a red bull helmet on.

I too thought that episode was a bit mehh but glad to see it back.

I've been noticing this more and more which is annoying, wish they'd do some proper ones. Like the ones where they drove across the channel which I'm sure is legit.

Clarkson has been quoted as saying it's all been scripted lol, it just used to be more loosely scripted. You can still with the road trips and stuff IMO that they're acting normally, but that race was so obviously staged.

I saw him in an interview stating how they actually film the races, which is to do the race and get what footage they can, then go back and film all the bits they need.

• Like 1

The fact whenever they showed footage of the dash (showing revs not speed of course) the car was clearly in neutral pissed me off. Richard's Ferrari miraculously fixing itself in time for the race was also impressive, particularly since he made mention of the accident during the race when his car hadn't yet had the accident... Would rather have watched the new Sherlock.