New Frame From Koxx

tipus

Reminded me of a bike I "designed" while playing around in Blender3D a few years back, although I hadn't figured out where to route the chain, and the geo was... questionable (hehe). Here's a pic:

IPB Image

Always thought that a single tube design was kind of the elemental trials bike that was bound to appear sometime. Looks cool (Y) .

Reminded me of a bike I "designed" while playing around in Blender3D a few years back, although I hadn't figured out where to route the chain, and the geo was... questionable (hehe). Here's a pic:

IPB Image

Always thought that a single tube design was kind of the elemental trials bike that was bound to appear sometime. Looks cool (Y) .

Dont mean to be a dick.. nothing really like it. Ha ha some of these designs are ace!!! trials is going style! which is probably a good thing as it will attract more folk to asking you about it ect and maybe making the sport more knowen.

towlie.

Ruthless, anyone? :P I can remember that coming out f**king ages ago then appearing on the forum again every few months... Back in the day :rolleyes:

EDIT: Here's a couple of pics of the Ruthless. Not super similar, but the rear swing-arm type idea was done f**king ages ago by Ruthless with their Switchblade frame...

its a bit like the giant prototype they once made. the single curved tube design in blue. im sure its on here somehwere but most of you probably remember it anyway. the koxx one looks a better design though as the curved frame by giant would flex alot id have thought.

this one

IPB Image

Nope, but it's probably worth bearing in mind that 4-5 years ago when seatless frames became way more popular than traditional style frames a lot of people hated the look of them and didn't like the idea in general, but now they're pretty much the stereotypical trials frame.

It doesn't look amazing, but it's cool that they're trying out more stuff other than changing frame names, altering graphics slightly, making incredibly small changes to geometry or other similar things.

It's all good...

Never in my life have i see so much shit. Looks something crossed between an Appollo Recoil and a Vinco. This frame will deffinetly not start a trend as Coust did which was then followed on by ZOO!'s Pitbull -> T-rex...

Who would ride that? Seriously!

looks interesting :S i like the fact that koxx are trying new ideas but this could be one step too far, that bb looks like its going to ball off

I agree really. Judging from the pic, it looks like it'll have pretty insane geo too. I mean BB rise of course. So I think this is just a test frame, see what ideas work etc. I can't see it going into production in that exact form. You'd have to say well done for trying it though.

If it is strong enough and the geo isn't too weird then it might be pretty cool. Having no seat stays could be a good thing in terms of crank clearance and chainstay length. And the main straight bit of the frame should be pretty strong. I just think that bb is going to fall straight off on the first big drop...

I agree really. Judging from the pic, it looks like it'll have pretty insane geo too. I mean BB rise of course.

It probably will, but it's kind hard to tell with that frame just 'cos there's nothing to compare it to, as in no chainstays to gauge it from or whatever.

I think it's still pretty cool they're trying stuff out though. Like I said, if it works and it works well, I'm sure they could refine it more so it works well but pleases the discerning British tastes :P