Good Luck Partz!

PaRtZ

Ive got my first test tomoz!! Im not nervous now, but I think tommorrow morning Im going to be laying bricks : Is there any tips anyone can give me?

PS can I have a bit of luck please too?

check your mirrors all the time and really make a point of it by turning your head, watch how close you are to the car ahead and remain extemely calm, make conversation even if its an ignorant get in the passenger seat, it will allow your mind to go into autopilot, that way you dont over concentrate.

my ten cents from my experience. good luck mate.

I don't have many tips at all....but basically be confident (Y)

My sis passed with no minors at all, much to my suprise as from what i've seen of her learning wasn't very promising, but she said she went into it by remembering all that she'd learnt, taking it nice and calmly, and just being confident :)

Just don't worry about it. I chatted to my examiner all the way round about everything. He had a cold too which made for an interesting conversation along with the weather etc :) Also if you go on a dual carrageway dont sit behind a car doing 50mph or whatever overtake it (safely :P)

I got to book my test now, but my instructor keeps saying to:

Make the ride as smoot as possible

Don't rush

Look right,left and right again

Nail your manuevers

Check your mirror when slowing down/indicating

Basically the instructor wants to see if your safe enough on the road. So go slow and play it safe.

And good luck.

Basically the instructor wants to see if your safe enough on the road. So go slow and play it safe.

And good luck.

dont go slow, go safe!

If you go slow they'll decide you hesitate and fail you!

Just drive like it was a lesson that you wanted to do everything right in!

Look like a pigeon, move your head every 3 seconds!

so yer,

be careful!

James ^_^

Put your sunglasses on, radio on full, windows down with arm on window sill...

Put your foot down at every opertunity, beep your horn when you see you mates, or some fit birds...

Hand brake turn round the corners, burnouts, 80mph in a 30mph zone...

Of course, this is what your not menna do...

Good luck mate! (Y)

Edited by terror-error

Sorry I was about to reply to the first reply, but my router went mad

I failed :( 2 serious faults and 15 minors (H)

the first fault was becuase I wasn't told that I had to indicate right after an emergency stop. And when I had stopped this taxi came flying down the road after me, and braked pretty harshly so he was right up my arse. Then the examiner said I didn't tell the taxi i was driving forwards lol

Second fault was mirrors (ho hum) Basically I was using them not enough, and at the wrong time which is fair enough

But if i corrected those two points, i would only have gained 6 minors :)

unlucky chap, as shit as it seems now, it really make you a way better driver, i failed my first test (1 major and 3 minors), gonna have my second reasonably soon, and im far far better a driver now i feel :) way more prepared and i wont feel so nervous next time! :P i really cant wait til i do finally pass, gonna be soooo much fun :)

the first fault was becuase I wasn't told that I had to indicate right after an emergency stop. And when I had stopped this taxi came flying down the road after me, and braked pretty harshly so he was right up my arse. Then the examiner said I didn't tell the taxi i was driving forwards lol

He's kinda got a point to be fair. Technically, you didn't tell the taxi guy you were moving off, so if he'd been a dozy shit (most of 'em are ;)) he may have started to move out to go round you only to find you were moving along side him, which could potentially f**k up his day.

You've basically got to learn to do shit like that, really. Like they say - when you have lessons and do your test, you aren't learning to drive, you're learning to pass your test. They've got all sorts of rules like that, so just learn how to play the system.

Shit luck about it though, just have another crack at it. I think the majority of people pass the second time (small percentage pass first time, IIRC), so don't worry about it...

What do you do after a emergency stop. Haven't done one yet with my instructor(mainly due to him not wanting to damage his tyres/brakes). I'm guessing you put the handbrake on but what else do you do. Do you treat it as a normal moving off procedure.

Instructor: Stop yo' f**king auto.

Haul on the anchors.

Handbrake on.

Put it out of gear.

Instructor: Rag it.

Mirror + blind spot.

Signal.

In gear.

Bite point.

Mirror + blind spot.

Handbrake off.

Move off.

Annihilate taxi alongside :P

You have to check blind spots and mirrors on both sides, since you're potentially in the middle of the road or something. And just stay cool and don't try and rush off. The more time you spend being methodical and slow and taking your time, the shorter the test will be :)

I think it was because you forgot the most important rule of driving.

If you stop at traffic lights and you meet eyes with they guy next to you, your suppose to rev your engine twice and drag race with him until either you or him are hurtling from a cliff in a blazing ball of fire. :P

(just watched family guy)

Now did you do that?

Sorry mate better luck next time. (Y)

Edited by boris_on_trials