The Lost Thread

JT!

right before i start, the word "flashback" is kinda being used incorrectly here, but....

does that mean the rest of jacks "flashback" was post coming off the island or not? personally from the rather obvious same injury etc he had at the end when talking to kate and the talk about him dragging victims from burning cars, id say the whole of that "flashback" as it was, was from post island rescue. in which case, it begs the question what was the whole "go ring my father, and see if hes more drunk than me" speech about in the hospital. as we supposedly know that jack went to sydney to get his fathers body. which is kinda plaguin me a bit right now, although as i was watching it, before i knew it was post island. i was going to stick it up on here, about how jack had a v3, which he wouldnt of had pre island- but theyve solved that mystery.

also who did kate have to get back too when she was at the airport.

technically i also think charlie had the chance to escape, as the water would of took an age to fill the whole station. although suppose it was his fate and all that

also i question what happens next,although i always expected too, just totally wasnt what i was expecting.expected naomi to die,and locke to most likely kill jack(that was before i saw the episode, so almost felt smug when locke stuck the gun to jack, was like"yea i totally saw that one coming")

feel if lost leaves the island ill probably stop watchin, getting way too crazy now.

also what happened to the numbers, they well didnt feature much in this season at all.

mikhail, invincible like locke or not? hes got the same kind of at one with nature vibe from when he was in the farm like station. and like locke, should be proper deaded right now.

walt,i saw only as something in lockes head, much like jacks father in jacks head in season 1 etc.

also flashbacks, what happens now, are all of the episodes upto now technically been flashbacks of when they where on the island?with further flashbacks inside them. or is the flashback from tonight actually a flash forward, and a vision of how the tail half of season 6 will end?

The look the guy gave jack when he told him to go check on his father was one of 'your so out of it you don't even remember his death' that's all I read from that scene.... I don't think his father was in the coffin, more likely ben or even locke???

I think kate was referring to her child when she said she needed to get back, or maybe sawyer.....

Mikhail is a f**king mad b*****d, he just get's in the way of EVERYTHING! He is definately more important than has been made out up until now. I wonder did the nade kill him?

I think ll the episodes to now have been flashbacks, and this was a flash forward.

The look the guy gave jack when he told him to go check on his father was one of 'your so out of it you don't even remember his death' that's all I read from that scene.... I don't think his father was in the coffin, more likely ben or even locke???

I think kate was referring to her child when she said she needed to get back, or maybe sawyer.....

Mikhail is a f**king mad b*****d, he just get's in the way of EVERYTHING! He is definately more important than has been made out up until now. I wonder did the nade kill him?

I think ll the episodes to now have been flashbacks, and this was a flash forward.

yea i think on the flash forward thing your probably right, and hopefully they wont leave the island for another series.

as for mikhail, nah he aint dead. by no means, grenade gave him more of a gentle push back away from the station hell of swam to safety, shook the last of the electromagnetism out of himself, and then pulled the speargun bolt straight out of his chest. before stickin his eye patch back on.

i just watched the last 2 episodes of series 3...

In what seams to be a fash in the future (when jack has a big beard) he says to the new doctor "get my dad and if hes more drunk that i am then ill leave" or something like that. But didnt his father die before jack got the the island - thats why he was on the plane.

mannnnn im confused :blink:

right mind boggler, the scenes with jack with a beard are obviously from the future, which was a let down for me.

saying that so much happened in ep 23 that there probably wouldnt be too much left on the island with all the killings an all . ..

its a mystery. it supposedly began Jo........,(from the newspaper clipping) and at the moment, the only person we know of on the island with that name is john locke.

however the second name appears to be Lantham(again on the newspaper cutting) which doesnt fit. with locke, if you look on the net theres a number of theories.

michael...under an assumed identity: this is suggested as the funeral appeared to be in a black neighbourhood, and the person left a teenage son,which would fit with walt.

also a J lantham is the name of someone who created a penoptican(sp?) type of prison, where all the actions of the inmates can be viewed,without them knowing there being observed/ So maybe its just a refererence to the real world by name relationships(wiki john locke to see what i mean).

other options with the J at the start, and the chance it isnt a o following it, include it being jack(in some wierd flash forward to him seeing his own life and how it happens, or even about his decision not to jump/jump off the bridge, and how if hed of jumped, no one was there to attend his funeral), juliette,john still,or possibly jacob.

other option is, its someone we havent even met yet, or someone of no significance at all from the island who weve seen briefly(paulo and nikki style), or even someone who will never have an important role and theyve just thrown us way off track.

whos funeral was is that jack went to. He went to it but when he spoke to kate she said she didnt want to go

Yeh that's a big question i'd like answered. It could be anyone because we don't know who naoimi's people are, they might have gone to the island and taken everyone off it, I expect it was the funeral of someone from the island because otherwise they wouldn't have made a point of jack going and kate saying she wouldn't want to.

I think it was ben, he wouldn't have had any friend in the real world cos he left so long ago, and no one from the island would want anything to do with him....

EDIT: turns out trials punk has good sources, I never noticed the j and such....

Edited by jake1516

also just thinking into this a bit more, the J could be for james... james ford (sawyer) the lanthem bit makes no sense, but at the moment it makes no sense with anyone. may explain why kate didnt go(sawyer may still be playing her, and certainly kept the whole ana lucia thing quiet, and can easily see them fallling out) and would explain why jack would expect her to go.

also.. one paper clipping

jackpaperclipping.jpg

Just interested, how up to date am i?

Ive seen the show where Charlie talks to Penelope. Same episode includes the meeting with Kate at the airport.

thats the last one of series 3 callum, no more till february 2008 now, which means ive got like 9 months without lost, i could have a kid or summit in that time.

latest lost goof up??

just been kind of made aware of this myself

oceanic air website phoney web site made up by lost producers to further enhance the story/give the die hard fans some nuggets to find.

read the statement on the right hand side,from the company president

now in the flash forward, where did jacks golden pass come from??

thats the last one of series 3 callum, no more till february 2008 now, which means ive got like 9 months without lost, i could have a kid or summit in that time.

After lost finished on skyone they announced it will be back later in the year......

so i rekon it will be feb at the very latest.

After lost finished on skyone they announced it will be back later in the year......

so i rekon it will be feb at the very latest.

february aint later in the year, its earlier in the year(which wont happen, unless it was in a flashback, or possibly were currently part of a flash forward) - like what i did there....no, ah well, i wont bother next time. or its earlyish next year.

im 100% sure next years show will start on either the 6th or the 13th of february. and finish on the 21st or the 28th of may next year. say im just making it up and think i know it all if you want. but as jake may of noticed, pretty much everything ive said about lost so far has been correct. from the 2010 show end, the 16 episode seasons from season 4 onwards, and the bit about funeral cuttings etc from this last episode. I seriously have an unhealthy obsession with lost, and quite possibly with evangelline lilly(especially since shannons demise early on in season 2, thought nikki may of been in to replace her, but it wasnt to be a long term thing, more a short term crush)

Humm, wasn't expecting that. Was anyone?

I think they get off the island, with some promice to not say anything about something becuase they still have some of the people on the island as hosatges?

f**k knows.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

BUMPETY BUMP!!! :lol:

Seeing as lost will be airing soon, (feburary) i thought now is sort of a good time to revive this thread and see what everyone thinks about it. I've been reading stuff on lostpedia, which is a really good site, i would highly reccomend although watch out as it does show some spoilers. :)

Anyway, what do you lot think of it all, seeing as charlie said its

not pennys boat, which means that naomi has nothing to do with penny.

Also, on that lostpedia, it says that in a lost podcast they said that naomi's full name (Naomi Dorritt) could be

an acronym, with RAID MONTIOR being a prominent choice.

So what do you lot think of it all? And what are your theories about it? :)

EDIT: And also, how the f**k is a boat going to get to the island with a big magnetic field around it? :S

Edited by sheehan

Who's funeral was Jack talking to Kate about in the very last ep?

when they were off the island

Oh yeh, what is the exact date it airs? for some reason i seem to think its either the 4th or 11th.

Not sure, on the page before this there is a newspaper clipping which is a hint to who dies apparently, and i heard it airs on the last sunday of february, which will make it the....*checks phone calendar*........ Sunday the 24th. Not 100% certain though.

it will be the 6th or the 13th as i said 6 months ago today. my reasons for saying the 6th or the 13th remain the same, theres a possibility of it being the 4th or the 11th, but i very much doubt it(as moving it to directly clash with prison break on the fox network would be a mistake, as it would lower viewing figures for both shows) and i also think abc would have more to lose by doing that, as many people will be in full swing of prison break season 3, and so not to want to switch off 1/2 way through the the season to join lost.

theres a small possibility it could return on the 20th,although i kind of doubt this(would mean there would be a double episode season finale as previously done, and there would be no season catch ups(other than those included in the season) (lost season 1-3 had episodes which were season hilights, and wernt counted as episodes) and it would finish on the last wednesday in may(which is quite likely imo))

so i still stand by the 6th or the 13th, although it may possibly be the 20th, now ive given a brief bit of thought 6 months on from my initial post.

by the way im referring to the date in the u.s as i download all my episodes.(so i can watch em several times over like a saddo, and so i get em sooner) and the start of season 4, not s04e00 (like a preview thing/hilights of past 3 seasons) that their pretty likely to churn out.

but sheehan,

1) your diggin up a way old topic, way before anyone has much interest in lost

2) all your info is 6 months old, and why are people using spoiler tags with it still, it aired in the uk 5.5 months ago. its hardly a secret as to what happened. theres no need to hide your stuff, its not like any fans wont have seen season 3 yet. and as for the people that may start watching it all from season 1 soon, on the same front can no one talk about any of the scary movies, the machinist, any of the saw films, james bond films, shrek 1-3 etc. for the benefit of those people who havent seen them yet :P

3) ill give you £5 via paypal if it airs on the 24th of february.