The Lost Thread

JT!

Unfortunately there are no episodes until February next year, so you have seen as much as everyone else on this thread.

On a side note: Episode Six was hella good.

no fair :(

buggering f**king b*****d yankie fanny scum. (hope the worst of that gets censored) they can't do that to me - im desperate

In response to the above comment...

In an interview recently with one of the head writers it was said they had planned 5 seasons, but this could be longer. It was something like if they still have a big fan base wanting more they will continue but if its dragging out and losing ratings they will finish it at season 5 or there abouts

Thats what i read anyway but it may all be wrong, think it was in the Metro 60 interviews they do

Frooty

yea, theyve got points they want to be upto at each season, and currently these points lead upto the end of series 7, although they could cut it at any point. but as the viewing rights to seasons 3 and 4 have been sold, its going to go on for that long at least.

but think the programs going a bit waywood now, and no longer makes sense.

i.e the whole village thing at the start of season 3,was on the same island, and there now on a different island.

also bear in mind that claire was taken to a medical facility on the main island.where she met tom,alex rousseau etc.

and now all the others appear to all be living on a second island all of a sudden.

and on the same point, think back to the encounters they had with tom when he was wearing the beard. and the whole "this is the line, you cross it, and your in trouble" . well at that point they were on the main island.

and if they keep on moving islands, i think its proved rather important that theyve only ever been seen with one boat, which they gave to michael. and it was so important to get hold of the sail boat rather than distroy it. so im taking it they dont have a fleet of 12 man ribs for transport between the islands.

EDIT : just realised in episode 6 after watching over a bit of it again, ben is told that alex rousseau has been sent home, so im presuming now that it makes a bit more sense, and what we saw in the season opener was infact home, on the 1st island, and where they (the others) all live, and certain members are on a project on the second island. (hence the digging,rock hauling etc)

Edited by trials_punk182

Dont they have a sub? When they are bringing back the woman that sun shot on the yacht I seem to remember someone saying 'we have a problem on the sub' or something like that, how else would they have got to the yacht without being detected.

erm, it was dark, sayid and jin where watchin the forest, sun was sound inside the boat, a raft could of easily floated up or been driven up on an electric motor easily. but yea its entirely possible they could have a sub. but would of thought it would of made them way more powerful than they were. and if they had a sub, why use a fishing boat to go after michaels raft.

The whole other island thing, look at my post, you are not thinking outside the box.

What if that village was infact on the same survivors island, and the island that they showed to Sawyer was actually another island the survivors havn't seen yet, that would explain the whole first episode were Ben tells those people to run to each side of the island.

However, in the episode where they watch the plane crash, it doesn't come towards them, it goes off to the left, in the direction that they showed the island to Sawyer.

Above are the reasons its starting to loose its viewer base, its just getting too complicated and too many possibilities all contradicting themself.

The whole other island thing, look at my post, you are not thinking outside the box.

What if that village was infact on the same survivors island, and the island that they showed to Sawyer was actually another island the survivors havn't seen yet, that would explain the whole first episode were Ben tells those people to run to each side of the island.

was what i was saying, alex has been sent home, to the village, on the survivors island. and those people on sawyers/kate/jacks island are working on a project.

However, in the episode where they watch the plane crash, it doesn't come towards them, it goes off to the left, in the direction that they showed the island to Sawyer.

Above are the reasons its starting to loose its viewer base, its just getting too complicated and too many possibilities all contradicting themself.

They could have been living on that island, and then moved from some reason, and destoyed all the houses and stuff.

• 2 months later...

And, the first time we see a character-centric episode of someone not from the survivors.

We also see they was in fact recruited to be there, and are there by force, not be choice, at least, being kept their by force.

Also laying down on the table the fact they can get home, and do have the ability to get people home.

Hooray also for 16 weeks of uninterrupted Lost episodes! No more season brakes, just episode after episode! :D

Also, not sure how to prove this, but when the blonde girl is in the morgue, and they come in, and she says to Ethan, "Do i recognise you". I think it might of been 'cause Ethan was driving the bus.

I'd also take a bet that if you was to view the slide show that she was presented with, you'd see some Dharma stuff on the buildings. :)

I'd also take a bet that if you was to view the slide show that she was presented with, you'd see some Dharma stuff on the buildings. :)

Yer i sort of thought that...the slideshow..the photos that it showed..certainly looked like the "village" where they all live...like, the whole lovely, firendly peaceful environment.

That whole juilet thing is how she came to be on the island.

Mittlelos, the name of the company who wanted her to work for them, is an anagram of lost time. The two guy's even said there research wasn't in portland. Juliette didn't turn up on the island as a mistake, The other's seems to have some sort of fertility problem, maybe one of the reason's they took the australian girl when she was pregnant and perhaps walt, he said they ran test's on him. Juliette is a fertility doctor who made a male mouse pregnant and did some miracle with her siter, she would be the ideal person to take to the island to try and sort out their problems.

That stuff that they were doing to alex's boyfriend was totally f**ked up.

I want to know who the guy with the eye patch is too.

I think I'll do a Family Guy Quote Right Now....

Peter - I can't wait to build my own Multi Plex, just like the time I built a viewing balcony!

*Flash Back*

Peter - wow, that was a good episode of Lost

Balcony Person 1 - Atleast they got the name right...

Balcony Person 2 - ... Yeah, I couldn't follow it at all!!

:lol:

i dont understand lost... :( i keep trying to watch it but it just doesn't make sense!! lol.

It bearly makes sence if you watch it religiously. If you watch it every now and again, your screwed.

theres nothing to understand really, its basically just telling separate stories but in sections. you just have to have a really good memory of what has happened to each person.

eg. one episode might tell the story behind one character, then tell a bit more a week later, then a month later it might tell some more of their story, but it'll be of events that happened before the previous two episodes flashbacks....if you get me.

its kinda cool, but damn it's annoying.

the sole reason i still watch it, is because i want to see them pull off a feasible ending. i can't see how they are going to end it with credibility anymore, its just gone too crazy.

but i guess we'll see.

----

this weeks episode was pretty good i thought. nice way to kick it all off again with a bit of action. although in the back of my mind i'm always thinking, why doesn't jack just ask them what the f**k is going on?, and why the hell are the 'others' so hostile? why not just tell the survivors what they are doing, it's not like the survivors have really posed any threat too them. Its just so unrealistic. There's noway in real life, put in those situations, you would just take it on the chin and not question any of it.....infact there is no way on earth they would of survived that crash anyway, so i guess it was fake from the get go.

meh, maybes it's obvious flaws that are what makes you keep watching,....fantasy and all that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...