Help; How To Tap Huge Objects?

Ben Beckett

here are links to the google vids;

the original with sound,

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-55518075321438229

the edited version (slowed down, repeats a few times. etc)

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...181904432080357

i have only just started to try and tap those boxes since saturday,(this is my second attempts at it)

any tips and advise on how to get the extra height would be highly appretiated (Y)

thankyou. :turned:

pedal right until you actually tap, then jump, lean into it more, like more over the bars but stay low, hit the wall then jump. maybe go faster

get more weight forwards and like chris says 'lean into it'. i normall practice on a wall the same size or bigger, so the technique is in my head then go at the object i am wanting to do.seems to work :)

i find when i am doing wall taps i can do them alot higher than onto railings or thin objects. its all in the head, mind over matter.

chris

cheers for the snappy replies guys, (Y)

i don't/havent found tryin the tap on that box scary............it just feels like any other wall that is big/fat/thin.

i will most likely have another go at it tonight, so after a few days at giving it a go i will be more use to the height and may do it!

lean into it more
go faster

^i'll give that a go.

^and that.

more replies still appretiated (Y)(Y)

You're clearly not getting enough height. Technique is fine, you need to put more power into the jump itself.

instead of a left right pedal, do a full stroke....start good foot forward and end good foot forward, it really helps

Or 2 full rotations - constant pedaling from start to finish. Makes a huge difference (Y)

Correct me if im wrong, but you only did a half pedal rotation?

Try to do a whole pedal rotation. Youll get much more power in the move (Y)

EDIT: Just saw Ali C's post. Hehe. Do like he says :P

Edited by GTF

Get the height before bringing it out into the open, you'll f**k that box big time.

Practise in 'private' on some pallets.

(P.s just watched your video on Google under the tap one, have you just learnt to tap? that has no taps in it.

You also love putting your name in at every given opportunity!)

Get the height before bringing it out into the open, you'll f**k that box big time.

Practise in 'private' on some pallets.

Yeah, that'll stop passers by to complain if you get it right first time.

else, it looks like you are hitting it too soft and jumping too early (not getting the full boost of the tap), but you're nearly there. Once you'll get it right, it'll just be a mental game.

you guys are all wrong! :D

Go a bit faster and tap with more power these are the points where i agree and at alic's comment to!

BUT....i guess it would be easier if you have already left the ground when you tap!

So jump/tap and then you will be ON the Box. In this way your back tyre will lift itself up on it!

I am training this technic for a short period of time now but it works.

you guys are all wrong! :D

Go a bit faster and tap with more power these are the points where i agree and at alic's comment to!

BUT....i guess it would be easier if you have already left the ground when you tap!

So jump/tap and then you will be ON the Box. In this way your back tyre will lift itself up on it!

I am training this technic for a short period of time now but it works.

well you might guess but your wrong, to get big taps your front wheel must tap before you make the jump, trust me thats how you do it

well i tap about 46" with this technic....it's not huge but enough....

and i learned it by Vincent Hermance...so....! ;)

But i guess both technics will work! (Y)

vincents weird though, but that techinque will work on natural but getting up big metal boxes etc is not as good. watch the andrew vincent 2 video and you will see he taps then jumps, the coustelliers are perfect to watch how to tap. their technique is perfect.