New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

It should be in around £429. There are 3 models above the Pro. These are Blade, Comp and Ice full pro build. All 09' models are landing an about 6 weeks. As Ben and few others have pointed out the spelling mistake in the banner I made for TF. I spelt 'Friendly' wrong. Human Error. Within mintutes of seeing it I changed it and sent the rectified ad to TF. I've done all I can.

It should be in around £429. There are 3 models above the Pro. These are Blade, Comp and Ice full pro build. All 09' models are landing an about 6 weeks. As Ben and few others have pointed out the spelling mistake in the banner I made for TF. I spelt 'Friendly' wrong. Human Error. Within mintutes of seeing it I changed it and sent the rectified ad to TF. I've done all I can.

Got any pics of the new bikes ?

Sounds good mate, thanks. If I was planning on buying the current T-Comp would you say its worth waiting until the new ones are out?

6 weeks is going to feel like an eternity!

Sounds good mate, thanks. If I was planning on buying the current T-Comp would you say its worth waiting until the new ones are out?

6 weeks is going to feel like an eternity!

Hmmm.... Well with current hike of price of the far east you will see that the 09' Comp being more expensive (approx £560). Its coming in an off white and it is a slightly better frame with the 'CNC' reverse chain tugs and Disc mount. Your call dude...........

Is there gonna be a 2009 zoot?

Just out of curiosity. Noticed it's not on the website

No plans yet, The Zoot has been a steady seller since early 06' and we are unsure if a 'Trials specific' frame is needed. Maybe a hybrid 24" street bike is something we should look at. I reckon with 24" you can really go radical as its aimed at being much of a fun bike. I think once the all thepro series frames are finished and the 09' range is out we will hit the drawing board and thrash some ideas around. I can see a proto being about by christmas.

Edited by Joe@Onza

Im curious why since the 2007 models came out prices went up and the specifications went down.

For example:

2006 t-bird hs33's, drilled rims, maxxis creepy crawler tyres and other components they worked out about £299-£319.

2007/2008 t-bird undrilled rims, dual cable brakes and sticky finger tyres. £319.00

Id say the 06's and below were more worth for the value of money such as the t-pro's etc....

Why though?

Edited by Andeee

The price of raw materials went up, and as such so did manufacturing costs and product prices. Onza have tried to keep the prices the same but as such it means certain things have had to be changed.

Im curious why since the 2007 models came out prices went up and the specifications went down.

For example:

2006 t-bird hs33's, drilled rims, maxxis creepy crawler tyres and other components they worked out about £299-£319.

2007/2008 t-bird undrilled rims, dual cable brakes and sticky finger tyres. £319.00

Id say the 06's and below were more worth for the value of money such as the t-pro's etc....

Why though?

As Mark King said, Prices have been going up every year now. Its a sad thing really because our aim 10 years ago was to make trials affordable. Its becoming so tough now though. Percentage wise we and the shops make roughly 20% less margins then normal bicycles. The new 09' range has had to have every single componant looked at to see where we can bring the cost down. Think we have done a pretty fine job.

When the T-bird had HS33 brakes we were sourcing every componant out of the factory in Nottingham. So a lot of the frames had been made years before and it was all based on costs dating back to 04'.

hope that made some sense.

• 1 month later...

New Onza Products now in!

Tarty Bikes should have these oin stock in the next few days.

No photo's yet, should be able to post them up tomorrow.

Onza V-Adapters £19.99 (As seen on the 07' T-Pros)

Onza Porcipaw Grips £4.99 (Black, Blue, Red as seen on all the 08' Onza Range)

Onza Pro Series Front square hole side drilled Rim 32 hole only 20" £37.99 (Weight 379g)

Onza Pro Series Front square hole side drilled Rim 32 hole only 26" £39.99 (Weight 558g)

Rims are now 49MM and eyelitted.

Onza Pro Series CNC Rear Rim square hole 32 hole only 19" £74.99 (Weight Just 435g)

Onza Pro Series CNC Rear Rim square hole 32 hole only 26" £79.99 (Weight Just 625g)

Onza 128 Rear Hog Rims 32 hole 19" £46.99 (Weight Just 476g)

Onza 128 Rear Hog Rims 32 hole 26" £49.99 (Weight Just 735g)

Tensile Long Arm Chain Tensioner £29.99 (Allows up to 19 t rear cog now)

Edited by Joe@Onza

Onza Pro Series CNC Rear Rim square hole 32 hole only 19" £74.99 (Weight Just 435g)

Onza Pro Series CNC Rear Rim square hole 32 hole only 26" £79.99 (Weight Just 625g)

:giggle:

Good luck, such a disposable product shouldn't be £75! Jokers.

Its how much they cost guys, When Try-All bring out pedals for £149 and making massive profit margins somebody will still part with the cash for them. These rims have been cut down to minimul margins to get to that RRP. Thats the price to pay to have the lighest production Alloy rims. Adam@Tartybikes will be able to tell you that thats the best price we could offer them at. I'm not expecting everyone to buy them but thats why I have not bought in huge Qtys of them.

Edited by Joe@Onza

Now got the weights for the fronts.

Onza Pro Series Front square hole side drilled Rim 32 hole only 20" £37.99 (Weight 379g)

Onza Pro Series Front square hole side drilled Rim 32 hole only 26" £39.99 (Weight 558g)

These rims have cnc machined square holes. Each rim takes over 20 minutes of time on a 1/2 million pound cnc machine just to cut those holes. That is in addition to making the rim, anodizing it, cnc machining the walls, drilling and eyeletting the spoke holes and drilling the round portion of the holes. Do the maths. Luckily they are not made in the UK or they would be more like £200 each.

Almost certainly the longest production process of any rim in existence and remarkably inexpensive in my opinion. Lets just say that if certain other laser logo's were on them, the price would shoot up.

Why couldn't you just stamp the holes? And why are they eyeletted? It's just not neccessary, trials rims get ground through or dented, egged or cracked long before the spokes pull through.

Why couldn't you just stamp the holes? And why are they eyeletted? It's just not neccessary, trials rims get ground through or dented, egged or cracked long before the spokes pull through.

Not necessarily true, i have a tryall rear wheel with 2 spokes that have pulled through. Also allows you to get alot more tension in the wheel which is great due to the power in disc especially 203 ones the flex can feel horrible. Its not such a probelem with 20inch but is more so with 26.

Edited by basher

Without wishing to give an engineering tutorial, you can only press holes out of a single skin rim. To press out a hole you have to have a die on the other side of the skin to allow the punch to make a clean hole. If you do not support the back you just distort the metal. To cut square holes larger than the round holes at the back requires CNC machining. The only other way to stamp holes is to create a bigger round hole in the back through which a die can go to support the back while the hole in the top skin is pierced. This is how our hog logo is pressed in on the double skins and how several other manufacturers "square holes" are pressed in.

Ahh fair enough, I've got a Monty TI rear rim and it looks like they're punched out to me.

The old Echo 05 rims were CNC'd though, and they didn't cost £70 a rim. How did he manage to keep the manufacture cost down? (I'm genuinely interested, not being picky).

Ahh fair enough, I've got a Monty TI rear rim and it looks like they're punched out to me.

The old Echo 05 rims were CNC'd though, and they didn't cost £70 a rim. How did he manage to keep the manufacture cost down? (I'm genuinely interested, not being picky).

Yeh but they only had a small scoop taken out of the rim whihc would not have taken that long compared to cutting a full sized square hole.

Can i also ask the onza guys,: Why have you gone to 49mm wide for the rear rims? is there realy a need for them to be 2mm wider than the current hog rims as it is hard enough for people to set thier brakes up in frames with 47mm wide rims?

And yes i know they "could" run tensile mounts to be able to push the brake out further, but then you either hit the cylinders with the cranks OR you pads hit the inside of the frame and you can not move the cylinders out further.

Adam

it was cheaper a few years ago?

Dude, there the koxx box of rims, if there the best of the best don’t expect them to be cheap just because the name suggests other wise, koxx price highly for good product and (poor ones too) yet people don’t complain, im sure onza can bust into the highest end of trials. Obviously allot of technical machining cost are reflected in the price, as well as Alu going up considerably. The rims are realy light, and sound strong, allot stronger than DOB, people have bought a dob rims just because they are light and smashed them in hours, why not by a strong one at a higher price, it will cost the same amount as a smashed dob and a new rim/existing rim and will last longer.

See my point, dude?