Street Frame

Mr-BT

Anyone here got street bikes?

i really want to get a leeson or something like that but im not where to get them from or how much they are, also what do u reckon for a street bike 26\" or 24\" wheels

cheers nick

they arent steeet bikes....they are bloody long trials bikes

if you want a street trials bike, then look at a base ta26 for 26 on a budget, and the onza zoot makes for a very fun 24 bike on a budget, both have 1040 wheelbases so arent silly short, so normal trials moves are still easy

if you have some proper cash to spend, i would say leeson all the way, after riding a few 24s, they are absolutely lush and worth every penny, not to mention the custom geometry :)

definately get 24 for street, its awesome

if you want to make a proper street bike with sus forks and the like, get a le toy four. soo sexy but im not sure where you can get them from though :ermm:

it's crap for trials though.

if you want to keep to a trials frame then ive thirded all those earlier suggestions

ZOO FOR THE WIN

lol

matt

If you cannot afford a leeson, either speak to iolo, who are abit cheaper, a uk24 or wait for the ashton 24 to come out. Then that depends on if you want a 26, or 24. If you want a 26 most older geo frame swould be good if you can find a second hand one (pashley etc). Some people used to use dmr sidekicks for trials too which would be a pretty streety option. The justice is also quite nice, especially with a 50 - 70mm stem (although i'll prob get sh*t for sayin that).

Edited by 26inch

When people say street they dont necasserily just want to do sidehops and front hooks on their silly long bikes.

What type of street are you actually talking about: Bmx style stuff, Akrigg style stuff or just sidehops etc

IM just mistaking someone saying his revell frame is stonger than most frames,weight dosent always mean super strength,just look at ti frames,ligest and stongest?..

No but Steel is generally stronger than alu was my point. Agreed that ti frames are strong but steel I find is less flexy and less prone to major dents....just an opinion lol. Well if you fancy a Revell ive got an 06 complete build with new parts going for about £300.

Edited by Brettoll

Well god knows why people are sugesting adamants and stuff as a street bike! He said street, not UCI street, also he asked about leesons, so its pretty clear that he wants something for proper street, not just gaps and sidehops.

Anyway, as said above Base TA26 is a really nice frame and costs cock all.

There are Iolo custom frames which I use one of, and there sweet, if you know what geo you want. Same go's for Leeson.

Leeson frames are £400 and are only availibe direct from leeson or second hand. - Leeson Bikes

Iolo frames work out around £400 once you've added extras, again, only from Iolo - IOLObikes

Another frame to consider as mentioned by Craig is the Pashley, there really sweet for street stuff.

Leeson and Iolo both do sweet 24" frames, and so do Heatsink bikes, for alot less dosh.

hey guys thanks for all of the replys.

at the moment i am riding a gu typhoon and i was looking for a steel street bike. something like a leeson or curtis style.

it would be nice to be able to ride some natural trials on it aswell

cheers nick