Ciguena 20" Dual Disc

Inspired Dave

New bike time again :$

Decided it was time to try dual disc for a bit. Adam's brake has been working awesome lately, so I thought I'd have a try at sacrificing some bite for a bit of smooth silent (almost) action.

davecig.jpg

davecig2.jpg

Ciguena 20", front and rear Mono Trial 160s, Echo cranks, Monty rear disc hub. Had to change to Echo cranks, as much as I loved the Profiles, they won't run with this frame as it has no bashplate. Gonna keep the Profiles for a rainy day though, no doubt I'll change my frame again sometime this year!

I'm actually genuinely surprised and impressed at how well the Ciguena rides. I wasn't sure about the looks as a bare frame, but built up I'm loving it. With a tiny bit lower bb than the Adamant I notice a few changes in how it rides, but everything has it's positives, so as long as I ride to the positives I'll be a happy chappy :D.

Rear disc is so surreal. Almost like someones removed your ability to hear, but the brake still works. Great when you want to be smooth though, such a novelty for me.

Big thanks to Ciguena for the quick delivery of the frame, Hope for the awesome brakes and Profile for the ridiculously stiff/pimp but temporarily neglected cranks!

Hopefully be getting some riding clips soon, as soon as my knee isn't purple and lump that is.

Rides awesome. First time I got on it I decided to start small and try 5 blue pallets to backwheel with a pedal-up. It went well, missed the edge and landed about 8-10 inches in to the pallet. Proper poo'd myself cos I landed super vertical as well.

Bunnyhops to 2 wheels nice, and sidehops nice. With the slightly lower bb I'm finding I gap to two or to a skim of the front wheel more than I did on the A3, so it feels a bit more compy than streety in that way. Lower bb also means I can get a bit more power in to gaps (need every bit of help I can get with gaps at mo! haha).

Wow... its been a while since iv seen a mod i like.. really like.

Thats awesome dude! Nice job on the build too.

What i like most about your post though.. is your POSITIVE ATTITUDE "if i ride to the positives il be a happy chappy!"

thats soo refreshing to hear instead of people whinging about this n that on there bike.

great build and im sure it rides great too.

go out and have fun (hope the knees not too bad??)

cheers

danny

Sorry, I think it looks gash, too much space between the rear tyre and the seat stay.

yea i agree it kind off ruins it

but i like it alot otherwise, one of my favourite bikes on looks

bet it rides awesome aswell

have fun on it, shouldn't be that hard (Y)

Edited by Meteor~