Another New Brake

Walleee

I think it looks... well, not that great. The lever is horrible and reminds me of those cantilever brake levers you had on your first bike. The callipers look like magura callipers except with little allen bolts in the sides (for bleeding purposes? or maybe some kind of tpa arrangement?)

Don't really like them, echo brakes look like the better brake IMO but theres nothing wrong with good ol' maggys (or vees Ali c ;)).

Edit: And hes got the rear lever on the right hand side. tut tut.

lever looks shit, the rest looks like a magura, wow the originality

Agreed.

Edited by Quackers

i think it is likely that the patents have expired as has been said before.. becuase of the number of new brakes we are seeing. if this is the case im unsure as to why magura hhave not filed for a new patent. maybe they dont sell enough in coparison to their disc brakes?

anyway i expect other companies will have a go too.. would like to see a hope one.

About time they came up with that piston adjustment thing. It should be sooo much easier to set the brake up with these calipers!

Thats what i was thinking, this looks like a much better way of adjusting the pad position. No more randomly slow returning pads and having to wait for one to hit the rim before the other.

it is nice to see the pad adjustment thingy, that is an improvement. a split or hinged bar clamp would be great! it cant cost much more to manufacture the levers that way and it makes life so much easier!

other wise they look good, be nice to know, like the deng/zhi brake, how they perform under long term use.

it is nice to see the pad adjustment thingy, that is an improvement. a split or hinged bar clamp would be great! it cant cost much more to manufacture the levers that way and it makes life so much easier!

other wise they look good, be nice to know, like the Deng/zhi brake, how they perform under long term use.

This looks a lot like the break posted a while ago that was said to be a Zhi. I mean a lot like it.

Anyway, I kinda like it, agreed it doesn't look amazing, but I much prefer it to the Deng break because it uses a nicer feeling pivot point in my opinion. And if that is how you adjust the pads that's awesome.

This looks a lot like the break posted a while ago that was said to be a Zhi. I mean a lot like it.

Anyway, I kinda like it, agreed it doesn't look amazing, but I much prefer it to the Deng break because it uses a nicer feeling pivot point in my opinion. And if that is how you adjust the pads that's awesome.

in the thread on otn he does say its nota the zhi brake its by a new company, dob. he also says that the final production version will look a lot nicer. just have to give these things a chance to get used and abused so theres a few opinions on how they actually perform and work.

Yeah, I read that, I suppose i should have put look in inverted commas or something. meh. Yeah, but they really do look loads like them, even with the same screw in the caliper and very similar lever design. Could just be that the others were never actually ZHI, but were these all along. Or something, I dunno.

Everyone is slating both brakes saying that they look horrible etc but seriously, these brakes are likely to be better than the current maggies, have a better tpa system and are from a different company which can only be a good thing. I welcome new brakes, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.