Best Pads For A Grind?

lawrence osborn

I cant actually belive this question is being asked... by a member of all people!

Tut tut

:lol: Too true. Even though theres a FAQ just around the corner...

I'd say Coustelliers, they're pretty much the best pads for any surface.

Even in wet.

Heatsink blues.

Coust's own Blues.

Ive used pretty much every pad, and so far the best has to be Rock pads (ones intended for grinds). With a light sharp grind they work in all conditions.

At the moment I'm using some of the new Rimjam V3 pads and they are ace in the dry on a grind, loads of bite!

CRM's are also good, but not amazing in the wet.

Stan.

i agree with stan, rock pads are amazing! theyre the only pads i have used that work exact same in dry as in wet... id say CMS or joypads after that, and my cousts were no where near as good as everyone made them out to be. ill have to try rims jams next :P

i agree with stan, rock pads are amazing! theyre the only pads i have used that work exact same in dry as in wet... id say CMS or joypads after that, and my cousts were no where near as good as everyone made them out to be. ill have to try rims jams next :P

lol im usin rim jam v3s and they work brill on my oldschool koxx rim or try koxx bloxx greens they worked really well on my rear in wet and dry weather conditions

biddle

Snowys setup - rock pad blues on an echo rim with a light sharp grind (Y) very good, even in the wet (but its summer soon ;))

My setup - rimjam v3 reds on a tryall rim with a light sharp grind (Y) very good

Ben gearys setup - plaz pads on tryall rim with a sharp grind (Y) very good

but theres so many different pads to choose from...

Edited by JoNnY__Mc

I can't really recommend any, but I can say that Koxx Bloxx Red Pads are terrible with any grind it seems, and in wet they will not work. There seems to be no bite whatsoever.

oh lordy... koxx reds are awesome! i have run red, yellow and brown koxx compounds and they are all pretty good. browns *** probably though, followed by red.

my favourite pads were the coust-sinks. lasted for ages, had bite, had hold, had sound... shame i wore them down to the backings and you cant order them at the moment (which is why i went to koxx browns)

oh lordy... koxx reds are awesome! i have run red, yellow and brown koxx compounds and they are all pretty good. browns *** probably though, followed by red.

my favourite pads were the coust-sinks. lasted for ages, had bite, had hold, had sound... shame i wore them down to the backings and you cant order them at the moment (which is why i went to koxx browns)

You can get them from Mike Singleton.