New Proto Ashton At Last (updated!)

Ali C

The graphics are just mock-ups, as is the colour.

Geometry isn't much different, no, but the BB is around 15mm higher, and obviously the extra wheelbase changes things a lot.

Last year's frames were 7005 (you can't weld 7075) and this prototype is U6. There is another 6061-T6 prototype being tested I believe.

Disc mount was something Martyn asked us to check over, I think I will be recommending the non-disc versions of the dropouts instead.

This is only a prototype frame and is set to be an additional model in the range to the 'standard' Justice (as far as I am aware).

the old frame with a 1050 wheelbase and 73 head angle was one of the longer frames out there reach wise! If it had a 1080 wheelbase and 73 head angle you woul need arms like gorrillas to ride it!

I wanted this geo (as well as gav bedford) as it will help with comps, the slack head angle is loads better for taps and roll downs and the reach is still short enough for it not to be a pain to get on the rear.

the disk mount isnt final, I will advise martyn to either have a beefier one on or non at all.

Glad people are liking it though!

It's good to know that the R&D is at least seemingly been done 'with' you two, brilliant to hear it wont have a 'silly' disc mount (if at all) but yeh, probobly two of the most imformative post's i've read here.

looks pretty alright, but the new control is basically the same thing

you muppet - CHALK N CHEESE

looks loverly - really with boon on this one !!

also - please please please Mr Ashton - keep the disc mount. A double disc ashton would make me cream instantly.