New Proto Ashton At Last (updated!)

Ali C

think someone actually has a pic of me on a python!

Had a ride on the bike today, its soooo freakingly awesome!! did some taps I have never done before and did it in the dark too lol.

Vid soon

u love mine ;), ive got a pic of u on my echo, ive got lots hehe.

Mat

think someone actually has a pic of me on a python!

Had a ride on the bike today, its soooo freakingly awesome!! did some taps I have never done before and did it in the dark too lol.

Vid soon

Dont take my comment the wrong way :blink:

Just from past posts you said you didnt like them :P

Abdab....

python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python, python

i dont even like them either, ashtons ***

Alastair, just as you know. The bike is freakin disgusting! Never seen anything so ugly in my whole life!

EDIT: Just kidding. The bike looks suuuper nice. Please send it to me asap :P

Edited by GTF

sorry old ashton wasn't my cuppa and the new one don't do it for me either dated design very two years ago sorry ali prefered the mbk to that and after all this time all that changed was a few dimensions not impressed sorry tarty bikes ***

martyn wont/cant make me a vee frame, they will not be popular enough to justify buying 100 or so which would be the minimum order.

not using my bash as its twice as heavy as the atomz one and probably weaker too lol :- oh well, was fun to make and I made a nice mess at iolos house B)

B)-->

QUOTE(danny B @ Mar 20 2007, 01:27 PM)
sorry old ashton wasn't my cuppa and the new one don't do it for me either dated design very two years ago sorry ali prefered the mbk to that and after all this time all that changed was a few dimensions not impressed sorry tarty bikes ***
Isnt it funny how most of us today take the modern trials geometry for granted, yet we all hated the original Ashton justice when it first appeared on the trials scene. love it or hate it, we all have to agree that the justice made the most significant leap to revolutionizing trials geometry.

give me one an al ride again i dont agree with the dated design, nothing is dated if its still a good design why change something that works very very well? there isnt.

i think the ashton has been on of the most up to date designs without ever changing its pure trials, i dunno why people are gettin these crazy ideas from now with the shitty GU's i hate them and cant ride them for crap but give me an old pure or a t rex an its all gravy,

love the frame!

Isnt it funny how most of us today take the modern trials geometry for granted, yet we all hated the original Ashton justice when it first appeared on the trials scene.
No we didn't! That was the most fun bike I've ever ridden! It was like riding a BMX and I loved it!! I should really dig the frame out and rebuild it...

As for the new one, looks good. Too long for someone like me, but looks nice, and is a wise move for Martyn. After all, the majority of stock trials frames now seem to be at least 1080. Just out of interest, what does it actually measure with a 'standard' sized fork? The first Justice was marketed as 1035, but mine with the same headset and forks as Martyn's bike measured 1020. Similarly my mk4 was a shade over 1050 against the advertised 1065. Not that I was bothered, I judged the frame on how it rode, not on the numbers, but it'd be interesting to know.

Glad he intends to keep the shorter one alongside it, although perhaps with the longer frame demand for that one will fall?

it actually measured 1080 with control forks.

I wouldnt be put off by the extra wheelbase,in fact the reach is 10 mm shorter than the normal justice making bunnyhops and streety stuff easier, the only difference is it doesnt turn as quick and its easier for taps and stuff.

Ali on adams addy again.

there is something about it that makes me wish it was different......

i would have hoped for some more subtle graphics. kinda like the ET was but different font. i think more should have been made of the white paint, white looks awesome, i just think the graphics ruin it

components look lush ali, loving the carbon hope....

sexeh

an i wouldnt normally be that nice about an ashton

not looking quite so good now, I have snapped a bolt in one of the 4 bolt mounts!! (N)

in an attempt to get it out a tap has been snapped off inside the bolt making it harder to remove, the mount got pretty mangled so I have ground them all down to give a fresh flat surface to try again.

not a happy guy! got koxx days in a few days too!!!