Noobie Question, What Can I Shave Off To Lower My Bikes Weight?

Davetrials

heres a pic

zneith.jpg

its 23.15lb now, and i want it lighter

Gonna get the bash cut down

chnage the rear dh tube

loose the rear mech for somthing lighter

thats it ive ran outa ideas? anything very obvious there i can stand to loose?

prefrebly with little or no money needed?

Front tyre - get a wide XC tyre like a Schwalbe Nobby Nic (under 500g)

Rear tyre - get an IRC ElGato, they weigh under 800g and are quite snakebite-proof. Only caught one on mine in about 8 months and it's got almost no thread left.

Remove the mech and replace it with a home made tensioner or a Kingz

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joe b @ Apr 5 2007, 08:12 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->3. Square holes in rims :) .

They save almost nothing. Made them in my rims when I was utterly bored and it saved about 70g on the rear and 30g on the front.

Plus the rim is a hell load weaker after doing so.

Not recommended.

He's asking for ideas mate. Seems like he's so bothered about saving weight so he may get bored like you did :) .

Oh yeah, Dave, Tarty Bikes stickers are lighter than Select Bikes one's ;) hahaha...

Cheers,

Joe.

get lighter pedals, wellgo mag pedals with ti axels weigh 150g each, that saves nearly a pound over standard pedals (Y), you could run a smaller gear ratio, (16:14) then you would have less chain, and less teeth, less weight (Y)

Edited by wad

23lb and you want it lighter! do some trials specific free weights training to increase your riding power. if you cant hold your bike out with one hand, arm stretched, then your weak dude. focus on increasing your riding power which is far more important sheding weight off a bike thats light enough. my old OnzaTrex is 27lb and when i tried out Ryan Leechs bike at CycleShow 2006, i couldnt believe how heavy the thing was yet look at what he can do on it. broke the sidehop record on it last year. thats power and technique for yah.

Edited by Rusevelt