I Can't Believe It Lasted That Long ...

Endohopper

I once ran a snapped axle in a deore hub on my street bike, for 3 months, did a fair few BIG drops on it too. Ran a kool chain for over a year once, my pazzaz bars are about one and a half year old, my vp's are getting on for 3 years old now axles are bent as hell, there's more, but I can't be bothered typing it as I'm tired. Will finish the list in the morning.

post-5656-1177014319_thumb.jpg

holds up amazingly, but i ground away to much when trying to make 160 mm caliper fit onto a mount that was supposedto be or a 210mm caliper, very thin in one particular area now.

That just insane, that zip tie looks dodgy as hell.

The longest thing I'v been rudding is my 03 middleburns had them for 4 years second hand. Took them apart the other day to send the bash to be milled down and I'm sure they will last me at least another 4 years.

The '04 XT Hollowtech cranks on my Coiler lasted stupidly long. Put them through so much abuse, drops the lot. And they carried on, just goes to show how strong Saints are in comparison!

Erm, I ran an XT front disc hub with a totally f**ked cone for about a month, it literally ate itself from the inside out :lol:

My V!Z rear rim is well past it's use by date. Has so many straightened out dents and loads of flat spots. Proper rucked it around Brum for an evening and it's still alive! Legendary, not gunna change it til I 100% have to, it deserves to die an honorable death!

Magura, 4 years. Still going strong.

Yep, magura cylinders....

Recently changed my 4 years old handlebars, because didn't feel too good about tempting fate...(though they look intact) but thourough inspection is the best remedy. I had seen some very tiny dark lines on my hope stem.. but was never sure if it was a scratch or something, then with 4 bolds, it was unlikely to detach completely... only became evident yesterday...

Edited by TrashZen

mate tom was riding an old style t-rex until very recently, with a bent backend and a crack under the headtube, it is still alive...

its in my shed as a spare.... haha

i had about a two and a half year old kmc kool chain at one point.

i had a tryall rim that pretty much had no sidewall on one side (folded over)

me alex and ash were deliberately killing another of my tryall rims the other day, cos it was basically mashed anyways and i had the replacement in the post already.

my superprotrials bashring is insanely old, and third hand haha

the teeth are stretched to fook but all is well!

i had a revell frame with a suspected crack at the downtube/headtube weld from doney

got revell to weld over it just in case, and it lasted another year and a half before i could suddenly see through the downtube/headtube join...

thats when i resorted back to the old skool t-rex which also has a suspected crack in the same place...!

and it done me well till i got me control.

my koxx bb had snapped inside and the bearings were falling out, but i fitted it back together like a puzzle and it lasted a fair few months after.

theres probably loads more...

I had an X-hydra 01 I only changed it last year cause i wanted stock and needed new wheels. still had original stem bars and cranks. Benn B now has craks which are going stong still, and my frame(after a clean) turned out to have about 17 cracks in it.

I had an X-hydra 01 I only changed it last year cause i wanted stock and needed new wheels. still had original stem bars and cranks. Benn B now has craks which are going stong still, and my frame(after a clean) turned out to have about 17 cracks in it.

i had them before him lol!

I've had my KMC for a year + a half and it's only fell apart once (Split link came apart whilst rolling on very gentle downhill carpark)

I'm on my first set of plazas still -- One year old

Still on my first set of CCs -- 1 year + half old (Gone extremely bold though)

Only last week I replaced a standard 05 T-Pro wheel which has had a f**ked hub for a year

Yes, sometimes I do fear for my safety.

Oh aye yeh, my front tube is also verging on a year old or at least very close.

Edited by ManxTrialSpaz

i think the oldest thing on my bike is my spokes and nips, they were bigmans on a ronnie on hope bulb i believe or ian may have bout them new but yeah bought the wheel off ian a good 2 years ago and im still running them on my pro 2 on hog rim for a good 6 months now, ok there all 3mm to big so the spoke can pierce the tube anytime i land heavy but a big of gaffer and im sorted :P also every nip has rounded and i thought i killed it last night but took it to ian and bit of perswading it was true again (not round though)

also my v12s i have had well over 4 years havnt done a single thing to them (took them out my burns to grease etc and the only thing im missing is 1 pin not bad for four years a :D

Still rocking a 5th hand, 10 year old Mavic X517CD rim on the front.

:o Holy poo ! That's a better endorsement than any advertising agency could ever come up with . I've been running Mavic D521's for like , oooh about EVER aswell .

Yeah , so as I was saying ...

...Also I've been running the same wOOdman handlebar for well over 4 years now ...

Went to front wheel on a small wall and uh ...

post-3439-1177949173_thumb.jpg

Oh well , guess I get to run some Azonic risers now , should help me with manuals and generally spinny streety stuff .