Do You Ride With Music Or Not?

Sam T

91 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ride better when listerning to music?

• Yes, it blocks any outside noise and helps me concentrate
    • Yes, but i only put in one headphone
    • Yes, depending on the genre of music
    • Yes, but turned down so I can hear my bike
    • Nope, it completely puts me off!
    • I dont own a music player
    • No, i'd rather listern to any outside noise
  2. 2. If Yes: What kind of music?

3. 3. Does it help your riding?

• Yes
    • Not really, i just ride on my own alot
    • I dont notice any difference

Hey guys,

i'm always having taling about whether riding with headphones and music helps your riding with a mate. He recons it doesnt help at all, but i think it does to be fair.

What are your thoughts?

Sam.

Edited by Sam T

If i ride alone, which tends to be a couple of evenings each week then I ride with music, headphones in both ears - find it really helps me block out everything else

Group rides I don't normally ride with music

I do a bit of the time. If i'm riding on my own then ill definitely use music but i dont ride on my own ever really. If theres a few maybe 3 or 4 people ill put some music on sometimes, other times ill just ride without it. Doesnt make a difference to my riding to be honest, im not better or worse and it doesnt make me/make me lose concentration

I do pretty much all the time because I hardly ever get to ride with other people. Doesn't really make much of a difference performance wise, when I start sessioning somewhere I tend to blank out anyway and am then shocked seeing I've listened to a whole album without remembering hearing the songs. And if there's something I really want to push myself on I turn it off.

But I like it quiet to be on the safe side so I can listen out for people, dogs and cars.

Sometimes on a solo ride. I voted for 'put one earphone in' but in reality I have both in, I just turn it down so it's quiet enough to hear my hub and stuff over.

Never on a group ride, that's a bit antisocial.

If you edited the poll so it said, yes, but turned down so I can hear my bike, I'd change my vote.

only ever listen when riding spot to spot, and never on group rides. Only have on earphone in but that screws with my balance and i manual to the left all the time (as Mark found out several times over in Bristol...)