MadManMike

The Car Thread

23531 posts in this topic

Bilsteins all the way. Rear coilover is nice, but on the whole I don't think the build quality of GAZ is up there with the Bilsteins.

Other option, and slightly more expensive, are BC coilovers, which have adjustable dampening. You can also pick your spring rates if you wanted.

3 hours ago, TROYston said:

Id be up for the track day. Really unsure weather to order GAZ GZA's or Bilsteins for the clio. Liking the idea of a rear coilover over spring and shock.

From the little time I spent in Dans car at Curborough earlier in the year you won't go far wrong with Bilsteins. Matched with Michelin Pilot Sport 3s it had loads of grip! 

Yeah, Gaz are turd. OE manufacturers for the win.

Ive had 2 gaz dampers fail on my mini.  They probably don't make them for your car but i'll be getting Protech's when they die again.

Been running billies b14 for two years now and they're really good for fast road and occasional track use. Anything more hard-core and you'd want something harder. Ill probably be getting asts in the middle of the year but they're over a grand. 

Managed to cobble together an exhaust for the coupe today but Im really not happy with it :( 
Its far too loud, and the exhaust manifold I have sits both too low and too far to the right which throws everything off center. 

I'm going to hold out and buy a better exhaust manifold and take it to some one to make me up a track legal custom jobber that both sits and sounds right.