Crewkerz

Crewkerz Is Born

34 posts in this topic

hi christian

can't wait to see what your team is up to

Are there two versions of the Crewkerz 26in? The one on Tartybikes looks different geometry to the one on Crewkerz facebook.

Are there two versions of the Crewkerz 26in? The one on Tartybikes looks different geometry to the one on Crewkerz facebook.

Hmm, that is a little strange :S

We (this is Mark) measured the full build Freed and it was exactly the same geo as the Crewkerz site. We measured the frame only with an Echo Urban fork (400x35) and the WB was a load shorter and the BB a touch lower, so I'd assume that means the Crewkerz forks have about a mile of offset and would scrape under low bridges (or have approx. 405 x 45 geo).

Any more info on those cranks from the fb page?

No, sorry. Facebook is deemed the only source for new information in the trials world by most companies these days.

4 people like this

So whats with the three geo sizes recently posted on Crewkerz facebook?

Hi Rusevelt, This is just a question for our future geometries.

The crewkerz Freed have only one geometry : 1070 mm 380 mm +45 mm 71,5°. with fork 405 mm and 40 mm offset.

They ride with a Freed Bikes.

1 person likes this

I was out with carthy on Thursday at shipley glen. His cleep,is amazing. The bb area and cranks look so goddam stiff its unreal. The bb shell is twice the size of a normal one, and beefed up around it. The crankset and freewheel system look amazing as well, really well engineered. Didn't photo it though as he was practicing and didn't want to get in the way

Anyone know if the cleep has the same fork offset as the Free above i.e +45?. Ive been mulling over getting the cleep for a while, but +45 by 2013-14 standards is way out there.

I was out with carthy on Thursday at shipley glen. His cleep,is amazing. The bb area and cranks look so goddam stiff its unreal. The bb shell is twice the size of a normal one, and beefed up around it. The crankset and freewheel system look amazing as well, really well engineered. Didn't photo it though as he was practicing and didn't want to get in the way

So just a question:

It is not the lightest out there (although seem pretty light) AND it is ultra durable?

Why do I spend all my money on computers?

No it's not as light as Mikey's limey 4, but its mega tough by the looks of it. Didn't get to have a go, but his dad was saying he prefers the cleep over the Koxx because its so much stiffer and doesn't flex as much when putting power down. Which when you are the 3rd best rider on the planet, does make a difference. The mere mortal probably wouldn't notice

Nah, it's VERY noticeable. As soon as you pedal one forward, you notice the difference.

1 person likes this

My Freed feels really sturdy at all times. I would love it to have the same BB and cranks as the Cleep though ;) the geo is also very suited to me, bein a short arse and all that!

Cleep-2 20in

10353004_684846188269476_135628979841194

10360966_686031594817602_912549312054045

Edited by Rusevelt

Cleep-2 20in

10353004_684846188269476_135628979841194

what brakes are they?!

Magura MT5s or something like that.

4 pot maguras. Well powerful I imagime

Magura MT7 !

No it's not as light as Mikey's limey 4, but its mega tough by the looks of it. Didn't get to have a go, but his dad was saying he prefers the cleep over the Koxx because its so much stiffer and doesn't flex as much when putting power down. Which when you are the 3rd best rider on the planet, does make a difference. The mere mortal probably wouldn't notice

at the end of the day most trials bikes are light as hell anyway, i ride a mod that weighs 12kilos, only been riding just over 2 years and people have been saying im keeping up with good riders anyway! proof you dont need the superlight stuff, make yourself stronger because the real pro's shouldnt blame thier equipment. also the "underdog" quality of keeping up on the slightly heavier + not as good bike makes you look better surely.... just typed this with 7 people around me and they all agree anyway...

not aimed at you, just saying it to everyone really :)

and yes, a mod that weighs more than an inspired.... im 15 for goodness sake stop worrying about weight so much everyone :P

Edited by JJ Leigh