Vapers Thread

JT!

Bought one a week ago for shits and giggle. They're (and egigs) are really gaining in popularity out here. Same deal in the UK?

They're good fun, and tasty. :P

Remember when cigarettes were new and doctors used to prescribe them to people as a treatment for lung conditions? New technology is the best (Y)

But for cereal, they're definitely getting bigger over here. Quite a few of the people I ride with who used to smoke regular cigarettes are now switching to them, and the amount of people you see out and about with them is pretty surprising too. A previous landlord of mine opened up an e-cigarette shop and seems to be doing pretty well out of it.

It seems like a good option to try and cut down on smoking, although the amount of nicotine you can consume in a short period of time with them compared to a cigarette seems like it might not help in some ways.

They are f**king stupid and unregulated. Just stop smoking.

f**k knows what they might be doing to peoples lungs.

I was at a bar on Friday and some f**k was 'smoking' inside with one and was blowing the vapour straight into the barman's face and into our group. Twat.

• Like 6

well i use so called "e-cigarettes" since over a year and feel times better healthwise,despite the 10kg i gained through stopping inhaling burnt plants.

understand the pro-,con- sides both though.couldve just quit smoking but i was too weakminded^^

Edited by FamilyBiker

Yerp, guilty party right here.

Quit smoking over 20 months ago, by vaping..started on 12mg juice, down to 6, then down to 3, and just recently went onto 0's.

Can safely say ill never smoke another fag in my life...and with the way its been the last few weeks on 0mg nicotine, i dont think ill be puffing away much longer either.

Again, turned more into a hobby for me, with drippers and making my own coils/juices.

Rocking a sigelei 150w with a billow 2 right now for anyone who has a clue what that is hehe!

• Like 3

You're really only inhaling vegetable and polyethylene glycerin at different ratios, and that's pretty much it. Not gonna sit here and say it's perfectly safe, but can't see these becoming a health issue.

Yerp, guilty party right here.

Quit smoking over 20 months ago, by vaping..started on 12mg juice, down to 6, then down to 3, and just recently went onto 0's.

Can safely say ill never smoke another fag in my life...and with the way its been the last few weeks on 0mg nicotine, i dont think ill be puffing away much longer either.

Again, turned more into a hobby for me, with drippers and making my own coils/juices.

Rocking a sigelei 150w with a billow 2 right now for anyone who has a clue what that is hehe!

Good man on giving up the fags.

What is all this, making your own coil stuff about? What does the coil do? How do you make one? :nerd:

You're really only inhaling vegetable and polyethylene glycerin at different ratios, and that's pretty much it. Not gonna sit here and say it's perfectly safe, but can't see these becoming a health issue.

What about the chemicals used to create all the different flavours? As an example:

The researchers found that some of the flavor chemicals used were benzaldehyde and vanillin, which are known to be respiratory irritants and have exposure limits for the workplace. However, when Pankow and his colleagues estimated consumption rates, they found that an e-cigarette liquid consumption rate of about 5 ml per day puts users at an exposure of twice the recommended occupational limits.

There doesn't appear to be much regulation in that industry either, so how can you really know what people are going to be adding in there in any case? They aren't bound by the same rules as, say, the food and drink industry so you don't really have any way of knowing.

It could end up being that they're totally fine and nothing ever comes of it but knowing that they do contain potentially harmful chemicals (and a lack of real long-term evidence on how they affect your respiratory system/body) I just can't understand why, if you weren't a smoker before, you'd start to smoke them. If you previously smoked cigarettes and want to try and quit then they do seem to be the better option than cigarettes, but that's only really classifying them as the lesser of 2 evils rather than 1 being "good" and 1 being "bad".

You'd have to link me to the research, but in that quote the worlds "some" and "estimated" kinda stand out for me. 5ml a day is crazy high. I got a 15ml bottle and I've been using it for days and I'm not even close to using 10% of it. I'd say I'm using way less than one tenth of a ml a day which is... what 50 times less than what they're basing it on.

For me personally I do it for 3 reasons... 1. To f**k around with friends. 2. To let other people use it and to be able to discuss it with smokers (mother in law is using them and hasn't smoked for 2 months now) and 3. Now that I'm trying to watch what I eat it makes for a really good desert / snack suppressant.

I'd much prefer the stuff to be regulated though to be super safe.