• Meta
    • Dob magnesium
    • Monty
    • Atomz
    • Onza
    • Alex (dx 32 or dm24)
    • Sun
    • Other

Well, there are a lot of things to look at when choosing a rim. Side to side strength, how easily they flat spot, weight, shape, color, etc. But when it all boils down, what would YOU choose?

Go ahead and post why you think your choice is best.

Edited by Jason222

Definitely Onza/BT/TryAll (essentially the same thing) for the rear.

Ran a 40mm Echo on the rear, finally decided to get a BT (eyeletted TryAll) which is not only 7mm wider, but lighter and probably just as strong :S I think Deng has gone over the top with the strength of his rims for 2007. The 46mm stock rim weighs 899g whereas the front one is about the same weight as most rear rims.

As for front rims, the TryAll is just pathetic when it comes to strength. Would like to try the DOB soon, since it's bound to be stronger than the TA and yet it's lighter.

I've got an echo rear rim, I find the damn thing is way too heavy, and it has flatspotted in a million places. The rim is so out of round it's rediculous.

Possibly a poor wheelbuild.

I ran an echo 07 rim for over a year without any problems at all. It never needed truing even though it got a good battering. I havent used a rim that holds grinds as well as the echo either.

Echo 07 for me, just bought my 3rd one, they hold grinds well and seem stronger than other rims I have used (Y)

3rd, god damn. I'm still on my first and it's been well over a year, have only ground it twicw in that time too, the second time was only a couple of weeks ago. Solid rims (Stock rear)