Pwned

BONGO

right i'm up, just got in, bored, and for some reason too awake to even try to sleep. And a bit too wobbly eyed to try aswell as i'm scared of waking up with that 'i'm gonna be sick' feeling. so.... i've been reading this place and seen in the trials game thread that someone typed 'pwned'

i've seen this for f**king ages, years infact, and i've never known what the f**k it means and why it's got a P at the start of it?!?!?!?!?

someone tell me please... i f**king HATE it...

As far as I am aware it means player owned...People could have just hit P instead of O though?

I always thought it was because its properly spelt _pwned meaning, the underscore "cuts the tail off" like a knife

Gay though :P

Came from the days of multiplayer gaming before VoIP or voice chat in games, when you didnt really hav time to type, a lot of people jsut mashed thier fist across the keyboard as fast as they could, so long as it got the message across.

Almost like when people say "the", it can create the typo "t e h" (Trials forum changes it back to "The") when typed fast, so some people do it on purpose.

The other one is when people end a statment with several exclamation marks, like; "oh my god he got pwned!!!!!1", again a typo from letting go of the shift key before the "1" key creates the "1" on the end.

Which is why people then decide to do this; "oh my god he got pwned!!!!1one", the "one" on the end is basically a mickey take of how someone would be silly enough to write a "1" instead of an exclamation mark.

Edited by Fugley