Karl Donnellys Skull Proto

Joe@Onza

Clearly the secret is to put together an underground team of megabashers, and if the frame lasts them, job done :P

Bike looks good, any plans for a stock along similar lines, or is that the thing Waynio's been riding?

surely you are in ....

Clearly the secret is to put together an underground team of megabashers, and if the frame lasts them, job done :P

Bike looks good, any plans for a stock along similar lines, or is that the thing Waynio's been riding?

sounds like they need rich riding for them :P

Edited by craigjames

I'm with Rowan here, but I think it's more about the way all these new Onza frames have been 'released'. They were shown to the public (us) last month in a fashion that made them appear like almost final designs but it seems that they were pretty much one off proto's at the start of a (hopefully) lengthy test period. The frame overall looks good but I really don't like the deliberately dented toptube and the headtube looks just a bit too overmachined for a production frame (as Rowan pointed out with regards Mr Hermance). Also, if you ride it in the rain, does the whle frame fill up with water or are you going to put drainage holes in the BB shell? :-

I totally agree that the testing needs to be done and is being done. I have no issue with that. But testing can go wrong (and has done in the past) - not everyone is / rides the same... Id just prefer it if the design didnt look and sound (more importantly for me) like theyve just looked at the boxx vincent cut up and thought - well if it works for him? when its his race only superbike...

just my opinion - i still think its a great looking bike and if it works then onza have done well.

Thanks Rowan, Like you say. the proof will be in the pudding. If it brakes you know will not have been successful. If it doesn't then we shall be letting people buy it.

I'm with Rowan here, but I think it's more about the way all these new Onza frames have been 'released'. They were shown to the public (us) last month in a fashion that made them appear like almost final designs but it seems that they were pretty much one off proto's at the start of a (hopefully) lengthy test period. The frame overall looks good but I really don't like the deliberately dented toptube and the headtube looks just a bit too overmachined for a production frame (as Rowan pointed out with regards Mr Hermance). Also, if you ride it in the rain, does the whle frame fill up with water or are you going to put drainage holes in the BB shell? :-

We have asked for the next proto to have a tear drop affect on the top tube, But it does need to pinch in so there is weld contact. The little post box's have been asked to be covered up, failing that we shall put a little bit of sticky tap over them ha ha. We have released pictures of them because once drawings are floating around in Taiwan its any body's for the taking. We will be going ahead with all the frames although some may come out faster then others. Is it a bad thing if the average Joe can have a headtube like Mr Hermace's? that is if its strong enough.

Edited by Joe@Onza

that is if its strong enough.

That's the point- Vincents bike is his uber light comp only frame which he probably replaces once every couple of months. Joe Public however will want to buy this bike expecting a couple of years solid use. If it can be made strong enough then of course it's not a problem.

Mind you, you would have thought that DOB would have learnt from Onza's mistake when they brought their latest frames out, but they didn't.

bearing in mind that dob frames arnt really meant to be street bashed so they will last a fair while longer than the old t-pros, and for a frame that weighs 2.9lbs your not gunnu complain if it cracks because its eventually gunnu happen :P

as for this frame, it looks nice.

but what i want to see is frames with a magura mount and a disc mount. you will have larger sales if you can have both options as many people want to go dual disc but dont have the money at the time etc.

also how much does the frame weigh? because if its heavy, whats the point in taking out that headtube?