Football?

Sonny Clarke

Hey, just curious how many trials riders out there play football, if you do who do'you support and you any good.

I'm a Arsenal fan and alright, hopefully join a shit team when i get a little bit older.

Cheers Sonny.

Edited by Sonny Clarke

Hey, just curious how many trials riders out there play football, if you do who do'you support and you any good.

I'm a Arsenal fan and alright, hopefully join a shit team when i get a little bit older.

Cheers Sonny.

mufc fan used to play for team but then did my groin in so i can't play anymore

I'm not a lad, but I play football and have done since as long as I remember. I support Celtic. I grew up in Glasgow, so it was either Celtic or Rangers and well Rangers are scum so it was an easy choice. I play for my college. I don't think I'm too good, but for a girl, I guess I am. I was just starting up with Exeter City LFC before I ended up needing ankle surgery cos I had footballers ankle... After the 1998 world cup, I played in a pre-match display at Hampdem Park before a Scotland vs. France game :turned:

Liverpool.

I've just got back into playing it and i'm really enjoying having a kick about. Nothing serious just messing with the lads. I bought a 16' x 7ft' samba goal for £150 and it was a great investment. Its a great feeling slotting the ball into the net and seeing it ripple (plus you don't have to run after the f**ker). I like playing on grass with my boots on. I'm not really into playing on concrete.

I'm not a lad, but I play football and have done since as long as I remember. I support Celtic. I grew up in Glasgow, so it was either Celtic or Rangers and well Rangers are scum so it was an easy choice. I play for my college. I don't think I'm too good, but for a girl, I guess I am. I was just starting up with Exeter City LFC before I ended up needing ankle surgery cos I had footballers ankle... After the 1998 world cup, I played in a pre-match display at Hampdem Park before a Scotland vs. France game :turned:

Ladette/Lass :D

Man United

Both grandparents support them, play for Rozel Rovers and average good team i use to be pretty damn good but asthma and shit let my stamina go well down, still an ok player though. Played for five years ish. Use to play up front now play at right back.

Southend district leauge and cup winners, semi's of the Essex cup, when i captined Benfleet... BUT... i never really enjoyed playing, i did it because my Dad wanted me to. Saying that though it was a good laugh having a team piss up, and winning a really tight game, or totally mugging someone or taking them out. But football down here really was real football... aka, throwing shoulders, 2 footed tackles. Was 1 yellow card off getting banned, only got a paper round to pay the fines, (8quid per yellow, 50ish per red, that was a joke) but that was how i played and why i didn't do too much better at a higher level, (aka everyone being too fast, with me standing more flat footed looking to go through players rather than round them, as my team-mate Ian once said to me, "michael... your slow and your fat, but your an angry man with ball skills")

And thats why i couldn't ever watch football, someone goes down like a tree for a little nudge and they get a freekick..... If that happened in our league, the game would continue and then more than likley someone would come and give you a kick for being a poof. Thats why I've never watched football... It was wayy too painfull... If i watch football i have to put a bet on to enjoy it

LOL, Interesting thread... Support my local team, Shrewsbury Town! Used to play until the last few years and have played abit at college this year until i had a fall out with my coach! Had trials at alot of local clubs like shrewsbury and telford and played for my county when i was younger, but really now its a matter of CBA ill still have the odd knock but nehhh doesnt entertain me as much anymore!

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play alot. Been through 2 clubs. Was quite a solid little right back i guess. Started every match for a club that was high in the 2nd of 5 leagues in our (very big) area.

Completely stopped enjoying it when i progressed into the age and leagues where it started to get really competitive. Just got bummed out on it an wanted to ride my bike. At this point i basically hated anything that put more strict routine into my life so quit all the sports i did really (used to swim for county and train 4 mornings a week etc aswell but stopped that.

Still play all the time with mates. One of my mates plays for Chesham and is semi pro and another is in the England youth program (he'll definately get dropped soon when they start laying everyone off but still shows he's a quality player). So as you can imagine they play alot so i end up playing alot with them. Still love the game but just hate the cheating, diving, pushy dads and general competitiveness that come with it.

Grown up supporting Liverpool cos my Dad is from their but through mates who are big Watford supporters (where i live) have been to a fair few games so i would kinda say i support them more than Liverpool now. I have a vested interest in both but aren't a massive supporter for either.

Holland look good for Euro atm. Just look like the most stylish team and look like winners when alot of the others don't seem to.

Used to play it loads. Played for school teams and stuff like that. Still have a kick about on Hyde Park from time to time, and play Pro Evo 5 pretty damn often with my flat-mates. Good times ;)

Supported Man Utd since '96 :) Seeing them get the triple in '99 was boss. That Bayern Munich Champions League final game was f**king nuuuuuuts.

Support Newcastle(shame really) I used to play alot when i was youngers but quite in the first year of under 14's. Got in the way of XC raceing( whitch i also sacked off) dunno hwy i just didnt like how if your hair was slightly lonegr than a slaphead you got slated for it. Also the team i played for last was full of wankers and the coach was a twat aswell.

Havent really been watching the euros didnt really interest me, alothough it is more open than the world cup or other international events. Might get a couple of beers and watch the final