£1000

Jolfa

"Many vehicles are expected to become virtually worthless and unsaleable.

'Hardest hit of all will be drivers of the automatic variants of larger- engine cars up to seven years old who will be hit by a double whammy of huge increases in vehicle excise duty and more rapid depreciation which could severely affect values,' said CAP. "

Anybody want my BMW ? I'll even give you a full tank of fuel ! Just take it away....No.

But on the plus side, for those that can afford Insurance theres going to loads of cheap bahn stormers out there. V12 XJS springs to mind :)

Also, does this mean that if you taxed your car the month before the tax laws came out you could then cash in your tax and make £180 ? I hope so.

Edited by ✠Pashley26✠

Nice 205 gti infront of that golf (?) in the pic btw ;)

They could have used a better picture of a car without the reflection of a cop in the window; ironically, probably getting fined for not paying road tax!

This is turning out like the TV licence situation when it first came about...

You could get away with not paying it for years because the fine would be cheaper then the length of time you got away without paying - but then they made it a criminal offence to get around that one.

It pisses me off when I watch Road Wars or anything similar, people driving around with no licence or insurance and they get a fine of about £150 - makes me wonder why I f**king bother.

Edited by anzo

Am I the only one who thinks that the government tax us so much because its their only source of income?

We don't have raw materials to export - well we do, but it's more expensive than elsewhere -, we don't manufacture shit - well, we do but it costs a bomb compared to labour in a Less Economically Developed Country -, Perhaps the only thing we can do is sell buildings for businesses to use, but who the f**k wants a place in England when you can have it in your company's home country?

Lol.

credit crunch eliminates the majority of peoples chances of getting the credit to purchase a new car though?

So new automatically means economical ?

Some of the most economical cars around are old.

I used to have a Diesel Citroen AX. It would regularly put back 100mpg and i sold it for £200 7 months ago.

If you want my advise buy a mid 80's diesel. Then you get Cheap Tax, Cheap Insurance and Cheap Motoring!

Edit- After a small bit of Research. -

"In 1989 a naturally aspirated diesel AX, using the 1360 cc all aluminium alloy TUD engine, managed a figure of 2.7 L/100 km (87 mpg–U.S. / 105 mpg–imp), totalling over 1,000 miles (1,609 km) from Dover to Barcelona. This was the longest ever distance travelled on 10 imp gal (45.5 L/12.0 US gal) of fuel and earned it a place in the Guinness Book of Records as the most economical production car."

Another edit after a bit of maths !

SHIT...Just realised thats 1000miles on £54.60 ,if you put diesel at £1.20 a litre as it is at my local Sainsbury's !

Edited by ✠Pashley26✠

It pisses me off when I watch Road Wars or anything similar, people driving around with no licence or insurance and they get a fine of about £150 - makes me wonder why I f**king bother.

In case you hit somebody or something and have to pay out your own pocket rather than letting them claim on your insurance?

Yea, I understand the law regarding having insurance, although the punishment should match the crime.

I currently pay around £900 on a 1.1 at 20. Someone could be driving around with no licence, not MOT, tax or insurance and yet they'd receive a fine roughly the same as what I pay in road tax for a year. Sure they get banned, but they never had a licence in the first place...

So new automatically means economical ?

Some of the most economical cars around are old.

I used to have a Diesel Citroen AX. It would regularly put back 100mpg and i sold it for £200 7 months ago.

If you want my advise buy a mid 80's diesel. Then you get Cheap Tax, Cheap Insurance and Cheap Motoring!

Edit- After a small bit of Research. -

"In 1989 a naturally aspirated diesel AX, using the 1360 cc all aluminium alloy TUD engine, managed a figure of 2.7 L/100 km (87 mpg–U.S. / 105 mpg–imp), totalling over 1,000 miles (1,609 km) from Dover to Barcelona. This was the longest ever distance travelled on 10 imp gal (45.5 L/12.0 US gal) of fuel and earned it a place in the Guinness Book of Records as the most economical production car."

Another edit after a bit of maths !

SHIT...Just realised thats 1000miles on £54.60 ,if you put diesel at £1.20 a litre as it is at my local Sainsbury's !

thats possibly the most eco around. TU engines are pretty simple to maintain too, and I doubt it had an ecu and stuff to fiddle with too.

the 205 1.8D gives back about 55-60mpg, similar age to the AX youre talking about too. to be honest 70mpg is bloody amazing :o Im tempted to try and find one now :P

yeah i had a 1.8 d 205 pug and it was ace. it was a real challenge to get the fuel gauge to move :D haha.

light cars are the way forward, theyre soo much better than a modern heavy car with all these gadgets and crap weighing them down!

1.8 d - 1.5 d pug or citreon from 1985 - 1998 ! they're soo good :D

oh and pash, 100mpg, thats overexaggerating a bit :P thats like putting 5 quid in and getting 100 miles. so you were getting 1000 miles to a tank? pah

yeah i had a 1.8 d 205 pug and it was ace. it was a real challenge to get the fuel gauge to move :D haha.

light cars are the way forward, theyre soo much better than a modern heavy car with all these gadgets and crap weighing them down!

1.8 d - 1.5 d pug or citreon from 1985 - 1998 ! they're soo good :D

oh and pash, 100mpg, thats overexaggerating a bit :P thats like putting 5 quid in and getting 100 miles. so you were getting 1000 miles to a tank? pah

Yeah it was more like 70-80 but it made people remember what cheap motoring really is though :D

The world record thing is pretty good though (Y)