Chris Akrigg

John Shrewsbury

Surely the point is that its possible to put brakes on your bike and then not use them?

Obviously you would take brakes on your bike to a comp, but if you're confident in not having to use them all the time.....then that's just another trick to add to the arsenal of all the techniques you might need to use. Just because you have brakes on your bike doesn't mean you have to use them all the time when its unnecessary....

I could be entirely wrong but i see this video a bit of a statement, like manifesto was against pointless hopping....

Also the riding in this video is absolutely amazing! Blew me away

I would prefer to wear a tombola hat rozza...flat caps will never be in, except with old peopl......oh wait, now i understand your comment rowan :P

hey I never said I wear them - I just said the hip youngsters are loving them about town right now ....

personally I go with a 20's style journalisty hat (whos name escapes me).

STILL NO DOWNLOAD :(

Edited by manuel

• 4 weeks later...
bloody hell!!! How the hell did he get up there?? :- With no brakes.....the guy is crazy. Bet he fell off a fair few times trying that >_<

I can imagine he used the wee kicker off the sand/grass, and kickered in such a way he floated up and plonked himself ontop of the two beams.....not easy, but I guess thats what hes done.

Surely the point is that its possible to put brakes on your bike and then not use them?

It's hard to explain, but until you actually ride a brakeless bike it's 100% different to having brakes on and just not using them. Knowing that you don't have the option of braking is the main part of it, pretty much. Just feels completely different, and makes you ride in another way.