Whats With Sony Ericssons

NEONRIDER

I've had Sony Ericssons all my life until my current phone. T68, T68i, T610, W800, W300i. None of them broke, just the odd freak out, but if I remember the turn it on and off once a week it doesn't happen.

Not sure about the really new ones though, maybe some of the software is a bit naff. Either way, I've never had any problems. :)

Edited by Hendrix

I've got a c902 and its wank. Terns on/off randomly, freezes randomly too. I'll be speaking to someone on the phone then it'll freeze then tern off. Takes like 3-4 mins to tern its self off then on too. The phone shop "JAG". Well there so shit its unreal, my phones been away for repair for over a month, there trying to charge me £60 to get it mended.

I told them to f**k off and keep the phone. Guess my credit rating will be going down a bit...

I've got a c902 and its wank. Terns on/off randomly, freezes randomly too. I'll be speaking to someone on the phone then it'll freeze then tern off. Takes like 3-4 mins to tern its self off then on too. The phone shop "JAG". Well there so shit its unreal, my phones been away for repair for over a month, there trying to charge me £60 to get it mended.

I told them to f**k off and keep the phone. Guess my credit rating will be going down a bit...

mine doesn't have the power off on it's on but:

1) it freezes, especially when im texting

2) when on the phone sometimes there's a 5 seconds worth of silence then the earpiece works again...

3) the auto focus on the camera is just complete rubbish, my old W800i was shit load better

4) the ear piece stopped working for a few days (apparently common problem with sony's) - well, i don't know much about marketing but if your products keep failing on a specific problem then you f**king fix it.

steve

I have a W910i and it constantly freezes, reboots itself mid phone call or message, and the newest problem is that the ear speaker has broekn so you cant hear people when you ring.

this maybe down to my network but, sometimes it takes a while for messages to come through but i found out at collage if you twat it on the table 2 or 3 messages come through!

mine doesn't have the power off on it's on but:

1) it freezes, especially when im texting

2) when on the phone sometimes there's a 5 seconds worth of silence then the earpiece works again...

3) the auto focus on the camera is just complete rubbish, my old W800i was shit load better

4) the ear piece stopped working for a few days (apparently common problem with sony's) - well, i don't know much about marketing but if your products keep failing on a specific problem then you f**king fix it.

steve

Well the main reason they wont mend it is 'cos it's scratched to f**k.

Quite a funny story acually. I ran my mates sonyericson over a few months ago on tarmac, Still works fine, just its cracked and missing most the shell.

He ran my phone over in a gravel carpark and just scratched it up :lol:

Both completely accidental.

My k800i was fine for 2 years until one day it got the Sony Ericsson white screen of death. Apparently that's unfixable, but after using a nice little program to find it via the pc as a generic base usb device i was able to download some standard uk software revisions from an Asian server and re-flash my phone. Its working fine again now. Its been an utterly brilliant phone, much better than any other I've had.

my SE is indestructable. i throw it at my mates and it still works fine.

:lol:

I've broke one w880i. Some of the buttons (the call end one in particular) depressed and it wouldn't work. Correction. The part of the case around those buttons depressed, and the buttons wouldn't work.

I've got another one, it's fine.

My Samsung Soul/g800/g900/ whichever one it is that has a fiddly little touchscreen in it, should arrive today. Probably won't, but it should.

Edited by Bruce Lee

My k800 was a great phone gave it all the abuse in the world, addmitidly it did fall to bits, infared fell out during a phone call once. Couldnt fault it though.

Now however im using a k850i, every 2 weeks or so the whole messaging set up fails, so reset and lose all my stuff but it works after kinda a pain.

Think its the C905? my sisters broke in a week, speaker blew.

nothing bad about the W890i i heard, except it may explode and then burst into flames.. :giggle:

steve

Mine keeps breaking, so I've gone back to my Blackberry. Basically what happened was that it'd work fine most of the time, and then it'll go really slowly (when texting) and then the screen will go black, vibrate once and then a red light will appear on the back of the phone.

Then the keypad and screen would glow lightly and it'd freeze - then you had to take the battery out and all that fun. Anyway, if you didn't take the battery the whole phone would get extremely hot - occasionally to point where you couldn't physically hold it.

I'm really suprised the battery never overheated and blew up.

This is the second ES I've had with similar (battery related) problems so I'm cautious with them now - however they're still good phones when they work.