Pc Tech Support

Dr. Nick Riviera

Recently my 1tb hardrive has been a real problem, it keep disconnecting from my computer (usually when I need it most) and won't be there until I restart my PC. It's strange because it works sometimes and not others. I have checked my motherboard for cracks and changed the sata ports on the mother board but nothing seems to have any effect? Someone help! <_<

First things first, back it up because it sounds like it's dying.

Run the HDTune health scan and error scan. If you get 1 error or more, then it's slowly going to die and you should return it for RMA.

Generally true, however it could be an encrypted hard drive whereby the software is on a partition, therefor it could be 100% of software partition is buggered and 97.4% of the data partition is buggered.

Just a quick question about ssd installation, and windows7 installs.

My dad is getting himself a new laptop with win7 and two hd slots. He wants something fast so an ssd is a good upgrade. I'm going to assume its going to come with no installation disks, so what is the best way to go about putting 7 on the ssd as the boot/program's disk? Can I download an install disk and use the key on the current installation? Is that easily accessible anymore? Or do I need to do something abit more cleverer (some sort of clone/shrink)

Also does anyone know roughly what size a win 7 install is ? I think he would only need a 64gb disk for win7 office and autocad? Or is it worth just getting a 128gig?

I just dug out an old game. Rally Xtreme Championship.

But now Avira seems to find "ADSPY/Webhancer.A.19" in an installation file on the disk. :blink:

I've got a "Setup.exe" and a ArcadeInstallRallychamp108c.exe (the one which has seems to have malware on it)

Now, I'm kind of unsure if I actually should run the Setup.exe or not? How can I check if it uses the second exe too?

Can't really be arsed installing a virus off a disk. lol

Is there an autorun.ini on the disc? If you open it up (notepad) it should call either the setup.exe or the other one...

Is there an autorun.ini on the disc? If you open it up (notepad) it should call either the setup.exe or the other one...

I have a DVD. I also have a computer. I want the DVD to be stored in a .avi or similar format inside my computer, so I can give this DVD back to it's owner.

How f**king difficult can it be?

What's stopping you from grabbing one of the XXXXX pieces of DVD ripping softwares out there, security shiz?

Slightly more annoying but you could always rip the entire ISO, at least until you can rip the .avi from that meaning you could give the disc back to the owner in the meantime?

I don't have a suggestion for dvd-ripping software (can't you find it on the internets to download?) but I hear the program Handbrake is good for the video transcoding side of things. I haven't used it for years but I remember last that I used it it was pretty nice.

I borrowed the Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 7 program from my mate who works at this search engine place where they hunt for ISOs or some shit like that. I could probably lend it to you as well Sav, I doubt he'd mind.

I borrowed the Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 7 program from my mate who works at this search engine place where they hunt for ISOs or some shit like that. I could probably lend it to you as well Sav, I doubt he'd mind.

Thanks for the offer Sam but I don't need a DVD ripping program happy.gif Most of the things I want to watch I mange to track down on the interweb one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...

Eddyboy123: www.dvdvideosoft.com < There's a program on there which does exactly what you need.

I wanna build a gaming PC for around £550, I have a few specs I wanna include in it but I don't know which other components to have.

The couple I have decided on are:

Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor £161

OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD - SATA-III - Read 525MB/s Write 500MB/s 85,000 IOPS £95

Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333Mhz Ballistix Sport Memory Kit CL9 1.5V £40

I am at a loss on which graphics card, motherboard etc to get..

Can anyone help?