Danny Macaskill - April 2009

Inspired Dave

All CGI, can't be real, unpossible.

Got goosebumps faaark!

Seriously, someone chop this boys head off, stick a pharos head on it and make a pyramid in name of him in Egypt or something along those lines.

Edit: 'remove' his head, not chop it ;)

:lol: I just sat watching that with the biggest grin on my face. Couldn't stop laughing, unbelievable. And yeah, like other people have said, it's crazy that he's improved loads since the last video (where he was already the best street trials rider in the world). I can't really put into words how awesome that video was. Hero.

In my opinion, Someone who is THIS GOOD should not be alowed to ride anymore, Because when people like me see it I cry because in comparison I am dog vomit to him.

But I actualy love this video!

I want it NOW!

Your my new hero Danny MacAskill.

I LOVE YOU!

Edited by Bol Maaaaaaing

this vid defines what street riders should aim for!

im amazed by it :o

how the heck can he bunny hop to his front wheel and stoppie higher than i can possible get to rear wheel. even though i just saw it i just dont know how its humanly possible.

i love the last bit of the bridge where everyone goes rushing to see some guy just jump of a bridge on a bike! looks like they thought he just jumped!

Epic

Edited by HarshRider

f**k.

I really am lost for words, but i'll try.

To even think about doing anything in that video is supremely stunning, let alone do anything that i've just seen.

I don't think i'll ever see anything that will even touch that, ever.

I have to mention the editing as well, what an awesome choice of song and beautiful bit of editing to mix it all together.

Wow, just, wow.

In 15hrs this thread has had 18,000 views.

Says it all really.

The most disgusting piece of bicycle riding I have ever seen. He puts trials riders to shame, he puts street riders to shame, he puts bmx riders to shame. I'm still nursing a semi.

Excellent, excellent videography and editting too; completely tops it off.

My one hope with that video is that it inspires people.

What makes the video isn't just the huge moves (as impressive as they are) but the vision to see lines, the way different tricks are linked up. It's not about inches, how high, how far, it's about style and imagination.

If riders - both street and natural - looked at this video and tried to get into that mindset, then trials would be a much, much more varied place. Forget simple TGS, think Danny Mac, Chris Akrigg, Rowan Johns. See lines and try the impossible.

My one hope with that video is that it inspires people.

What makes the video isn't just the huge moves (as impressive as they are) but the vision to see lines, the way different tricks are linked up. It's not about inches, how high, how far, it's about style and imagination.

If riders - both street and natural - looked at this video and tried to get into that mindset, then trials would be a much, much more varied place. Forget simple TGS, think Danny Mac, Chris Akrigg, Rowan Johns. See lines and try the impossible.

Pretty much sums it up for me, I really hope it inspires people to push the sport on and completely out of the repetetive trials video era ...

My favourite bit was the wallride to rail wedge followed by front to back ... just never been done - amazing - I would never have thought it possible. The bmxy moves were done to a mighty high and huuge standard and always backed right up with a big trials move in the same line (and then some weird invented crossover moves too) - possibly the perfect 24" street vid.

The guy has destroyed what people think is possible on a trials bike, and has made Gilles' short shorts and skimpy skin tight gear look even gayer.

Massive respect.

5th watch of the video, cant stop watching it with my mouth wide open

makes you rethink what 'creative' is

videos after this besides ones from mac himself are gonna look pathetic now, this is the new benchmark!.

awe inspiring to say the least

That is my hope, that people will try to match what Danny does (in content, in style) and slowly the sport will catch up with him. It's the way of sports like ours. The first person to flip an MX bike, or pull a 900 on a skateboard, was a massive thing, but now it's relatively common.

When things stagnate, there's always someone doing something off the radar that bursts through. Trials Kings, Vincent Hermance, Danny Mac.