Danny Macaskill - April 2009

Inspired Dave

I second that.

Danny may be an amazing rider, but there is no way he could have pulled all that on his first time. I know in the vid you see clips of him bailing on the fence ride, but that can't be the only bails he made.

I don't know about you but i hope to god he pulled the big stuff first time. Bailing from the railing drop and bridge at the end wouldn't have been nice to see.

Who shows every bail they make whilst making a video anyway? lol.

Some of the bails would probably be very impressive, but I reckon most of the "failed" lines would be him just stopping before the point of no return - when you get that good at anything you just "know" whether you're going to nail it or not.

Who shows every bail they make whilst making a video anyway? lol.

Some of the bails would probably be very impressive, but I reckon most of the "failed" lines would be him just stopping before the point of no return - when you get that good at anything you just "know" whether you're going to nail it or not.

Exactly. You don't try to flair off a tree unless you are DAMN sure you're gonna make it. No matter how "crazy" some people may say Danny is, and others who push the limits of the sport, the risk being taken is a calculated risk, and I'd say Danny is probably one of the finest people judging that chance.

Rich

Awesome video! I thought the best part about it though was just the filming and editing - it really showed how good Danny's riding is without f**king about with slow-mo black and white clips and doing double angles of every line set to dramatic music and the like. Panning filming shots and all that kinda stuff just worked so much better than usual 'trials' filming, you could fully tell it was a BMXer who filmed/edited it. It just showed how good the riding is in a really nice way, and when the riding's that good it guarantees a f**king awesome video. Some of that stuff was just nuts...

What the hell just happened?! Absolutely unbelievable.

Watching someone like Watson I can imagine doing it just obviously on a much smaller scale... but that....it's so so beyond and different to anything which people should be capable of acheiving on a bike!

Phil H