Control 09

Rossi

After goin to this years Koxx days, i've been tryin to get my bike as light as poss without being too silly! Got it down to 8.8kg (still more to lose somewhere :P), rides very nicely. I'm not normally a fan of high BB rise, but the +35mm feels perfect for me. Check it out.

14052009.jpg

14052009001.jpg

14052009002w.jpg

Thanks to Phil at Select and Ads at Tarty for sortin me out various parts.

Comments appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Rossi

you won lottery or something?

and how long have you had that stem? i seem to remeber every fraem youve had its been that stem and onza bars

Cracked the onza bars, but I do like the stem. Might hav to change it soon though.

Ooh looks very smart (Y)

What size is your sprocket? Looks miniature,

16t up front, 14t ont back. It is a bit light to be honest, might change to 18:15 soon.

is that a long or short Rossi? how does it ride?

I love the 09 control, as soon as I'm working again I think I'll have to invest.

Long mate, only rode it once, which was in liverpool last night. I could ride it straight away. Come from an 04 control frame (which was my fave geometry trials frame), i think this is now!

Rides awesome, and is insanely light.

I like it.

How flexy does it all feel?

It feels surprisingly stiff despite the weight of the frame. The flexiest part of the bike are the forks (echo urbans), which I prefer to flex to aid tapping. The frame itself does feel as solid as the previous heavier models, but it's a bit harder to tell as the tyres are very springy.

Nice, but'd I'd be so worred about the strength of it. Also, those pedals are horrible! I've had a go on a set that have been modified like that and they feel horrible. You lose so much stability by cutting the ends off, I never realised how much you actually need that part of your pedal! Or I do anyway!