What Would You Do If You Found A Wallet With £10 In It?

alextheferret

What would you do  

110 members have voted

1. 1.

• Keep it
    • leave it
    • Turn it in
  2. 2.

• Leave it
    • take the wallet, not the money
    • hand it in
    • take the money, not the wallet
    • Take the money and the Wallet!

Now, had it been a wallet with money in, I would have handed it into the train station office. Money on the floor though.. mine mine mine. :P

Just what I thought, if this scenario came up for me (a wallet regardless of the cash or cards in it) I would return it, as the wallet is almost like a possession that signifies someone's personal belongings collectively, it just says "personal" to me, whilst a random ten pound note or a pound coin on the floor doesn't give any clue as to whom it belongs to and therefore I wouldn't feel at guilt for doing it.

If I lost just a tenner I would expect that everyone else would think the same, and would like to imagine that everyone shares the same opinion as me on losing a whole wallet.

Actually, it would depend on where I find the wallet, in a town centre or somewhere busy then I would definitely return it, in a quiet cul-de-sac or in a woods and I would probably keep it.

I've found wallets with just cash in them and, as i honestly think anyone would, i've kept them because i believe theres no point in giving a wallet/cash with no name anywhere and no way or tracing it to anyone in.

However, i've also given in phones/walets with names in them in, some people have been really sound and thankful for me doing thay, others have been ungrateful pricks.

At the end of the day, i think it's the owners problem for losing it, but if the finder can easily give it back with out any major hassle then they should.

If I lost my wallet right now, I'd be happy to get it back without the cash, even though there are several hundred pounds in it. Money can be re-earnt, memories cannot.

My wallets got a heavily worn drivers license, a bank card and a condom.. If I lost it I'd be pretty pissed (because that's the state I'm typically in when I lose things) but I'd get over it, I'm too lazy to care about things like that.

Ive never lost my wallet yet , then again im only 16 i have plenty of time to do so . :lol:

how about this, not speaking fom experience, honest!

you find a wallet on the floor, you take the wallet and the money. Later on in the day you see a close friend who thinks alot of you, knows that you wouldnt steal or anything they say to you "Ive lost my wallet!", what do you do?

Well you wouldn't rip a mate...

Seems most people know the rule. It's an official rule, take the money and hand the wallet in to the police. If no details/ cards in there, then just whatever.

I've found wallets with just cash in them and, as i honestly think anyone would, i've kept them because i believe theres no point in giving a wallet/cash with no name anywhere and no way or tracing it to anyone in.

However, i've also given in phones/walets with names in them in, some people have been really sound and thankful for me doing thay, others have been ungrateful pricks.

At the end of the day, i think it's the owners problem for losing it, but if the finder can easily give it back with out any major hassle then they should.

If someone found my wallet and handed it in still with the cash in, I'd want to go and find them and give them the cash as a thanks! Not many people would hand anything in nowadays, they'd just take the cash and dump the wallet...

Unfortunately as quoted above there are ungrateful f**kers around and if I found a wallet I'd take a "finders fee" and THEN hand it in just in case they are a tosser.

Borrowing without intent to return?

finders keepers

id probably take the cash and post the wallet back to them, lets face most wallets you'd come across would have some kind of ID in it, and if it hasnt theres nothing of value in it anyway

A mate of mine lost his licence on a night out. About a week later some nice chap put it through his letterbox. Proves there are some nice people in the world.

For the sake of £10 id just hand it in.

Survival of the fittest arround here! Got my wallet jacked once, with £30 in it, and £20 stolen.

What goes arround comes arround.

I am a nice person though so I would have a dilema, I'd probs buy something, and then think of it really badly.

, I once ofund a blackberry (what ever its callled) the latest one on top of a car park in the snow, it was working fine, a freind of a freind offered to buy it off me but i said i'll hang on to it, the man rung just as i said this "hello... where are you know ?" it took him 20 odd minutes whilst i was waiting with a freind out side a car park in the snow (N) he came past in his mini cabriolet i walked over he looked down at me (i was wearing jogging bottoms and a nike jumper cos it was freezing and had a snow ball fight an hour before) he stared at me i go " yeah i found your phone on top of the car park" passed it over "oh thanks" got in his car and drove - what an ungrateful willy.

, I once ofund a blackberry (what ever its callled) the latest one on top of a car park in the snow, it was working fine, a freind of a freind offered to buy it off me but i said i'll hang on to it, the man rung just as i said this "hello... where are you know ?" it took him 20 odd minutes whilst i was waiting with a freind out side a car park in the snow (N) he came past in his mini cabriolet i walked over he looked down at me (i was wearing jogging bottoms and a nike jumper cos it was freezing and had a snow ball fight an hour before) he stared at me i go " yeah i found your phone on top of the car park" passed it over "oh thanks" got in his car and drove - what an ungrateful willy.

F**king tosser, I found a guy's phone and he acted almost as badly as that. Makes me wish I'd f**king lobbed it in the Uni's lake :angry:

If it had ID in it, I'd try to contact them to ask if they'd lost the wallet, and then arrange to hand it back to them. If it didn't have any ID in it at all, and there would be no way I could find out who's it is, then I'd just keep it.

how about this, not speaking fom experience, honest!

you find a wallet on the floor, you take the wallet and the money. Later on in the day you see a close friend who thinks alot of you, knows that you wouldnt steal or anything they say to you "Ive lost my wallet!", what do you do?

Laugh my f**ken ass off.

I think it depends on what you think of Karma.

You could keep the wallet and get bad Karma but........

Finding the wallet could be your good Karma being repaid from an earlier life experience where you did something good........

Or you could hand the wallet in to the pigs and get some good Karma in the future...........

Personally I think if someone lost their wallet then they didn't really want/need it anyway, because you need to hold onto money like your life depends on it, because it does, as anyone that has ever had zero money and none coming in the foreseeable future will tell you.

Matt

I can honestly say, I'd leave the money in it and hand it in.

I've lost my wallet, with cash in and on both occasions its been handed in to the police with cash intact. Was so so relieved at the time, but wouldn't have actually cared if they had taken the cash.