What Happens When You Abuse Steel

Damon W

A frame that lasts only 6 days has serious problems.

But whatever, the craziest thing about this thread is how Damon is sponsored - I wouldn't go near him if I was a bike manufacturer. So Mr Marino has sent out two frames (presumably at great expense) and Damon rips him off by immediately selling one, and then to take the piss even more he posts pictures of the broken prototype. That's just a staggering display of stupidity mixed with cuntishness.

But whatever, the craziest thing about this thread is how Damon is sponsored - I wouldn't go near him if I was a bike manufacturer. So Mr Marino has sent out two frames (presumably at great expense) and Damon rips him off by immediately selling one, and then to take the piss even more he posts pictures of the broken prototype. That's just a staggering display of stupidity mixed with cuntishness.

Damnn!! Get the fu*k out if your not gonna brown nose Damon.. Jeeez.

+1

That's just a staggering display of stupidity mixed with cuntishness.

no its not! at all, as said the frame is a proto, and it was ABUSED! so this shouldnt deter people, the rest fo the marinos are ALL going strong im told! :)

youre the C.UNT!!

youre a moderater and youre swearing at me on a public forum :rolleyes: ironic?

idiot

Edited by Damon W

que estupideces decis!!! es completamente diferente el estilo, solo un idota podria decir eso...

y si rompe adamants le iba a durar el marino? obviamente que no, por ello no significa que el cuadro sea malo, es malo para riders como Damon, Neil y otros, si lo usamos vos, yo y los que no andamos nada al lado de ellos ahi si va a durar...ademas un cuadro de hierro para que dure minimamente debe pesar 2.5kg y mas, cuando damon pidio uno bastante liviano...asi que...a hablar boludeces a otro lado...

-DAMON TE ROMPE EL ORTO, ASI QUE NO PODES HABAR ASI DE ÉL, SEAS MEJOR O PEOR QUE ÉL, PERO SOS ALGUIEN A QUIEN LE GUSTA SOLO HABLAR Y NO PIENSA LO QUE DICE...-

Translation:

You only tell stupid things!!! the style of both is completely different, only a stupid can tell that...

and if he broke adamant´s, did you think than a marino was going to last? obviously not, that´s why the frame it´s not bad for Normal riders, but for riders like Damon, Neil , and others yes...if you , I, and the riders than no ride like them it´s going to last...also a steel frame have to weight more than 2.5 kg to last, and that frame was light, so don´t tell stupid things, go to tell them in other place...

-DAMON BROKE YOUR ASS, SO YOU CAN´T TALK OF HIM LIKE THAT, BEING BETTER OR WORST THAN HIM, BUT YOU ARE SOMEONE THAN ONLY TALK, AND DON´T THINK WHEN IS TALKING...-

BYE

:wub::sweatingbullets: mmmm, ilove damon.

not have to publish these photos, he laughed in his face,.

was a gift, prototype.

enjoy.

YES WATSON :lol:

cant believe how many fags there actually are on here ahh well think ill just get my legs behind my head and join the rest -_-

and ill support you if no one else will :wub:

Edited by Lazenby

no its not! at all, as said the frame is a proto, and it was ABUSED! so this shouldnt deter people, the rest fo the marinos are ALL going strong im told! :)

youre the C.UNT!!

youre a moderater and youre swearing at me on a public forum :rolleyes: ironic?

idiot

Yes but it took someone else to mention that this was a prototype, and it also very much came across (whether you meant it to or not!) that you were letting the world know that Marinos are rubbish.

I think what people are finding most shocking about this Damon, is that you sold the other frame Marino sent you (clearly indicating that they were dubious about the strength of this prototype!).

If I were the owner/operator of Marino I'd be feeling very very dissapointed with you right now. This is NOT the behaviour you expect of a rider you support! I dare say the rest of your sponsors would agree!

Why didn't you just contact Marino and tell him that the (lightweight) frame design was far too weak and either suggest improvements or let him decide what needed to be done.

You obviously discussed the fact that the frame wouldn't last long anyway.

This isn't the first prototype to fail and it certainly won't be the last.. whether it's a bike, car, electronic component.. anything.

Absolutely shocking behavior selling something sent to you to test, I wouldn't have the audacity to do something like that. You've abused someones trust.

The way you have spoken in this topic is pretty poor too, I hope your current sponsors/prospective sponsors are thinking twice..

Edited by nichols_sam

The way you have spoken in this topic is pretty poor too, I hope your current sponsors/prospective sponsors are thinking twice..

youre an idiot also, read the topic, instead of jumpin on the bandwagon

newbs

im not expalining myself anymore, this forum is full of twats

Edited by Damon W

i seriously don't see the problem in showing a picture of what he's managed to do. It hasn't put me off a marino at all as i know that there's no chance in hell that i'll ever be as good as Damon so, would never put the amount of stress into a frame that he would.

And i agree about the amount of idiots on this forum, AND lol at all the foreigners bumming marino.

question: What is a sponsored riders job?

Answers in an envolope please.

well as if he cares, i think the whole point is hes never going to ride a marino again so he may aswel post the pics up. and even still, any company would still sponsor him in a flash. gutted marino for sending you top rider a crap frame, karma.

I dont get it, why is everyone having a go at him saying it will deter customers? it clearly explains that it was a prototype, and thats what its for.

Damon Watson wanted it to be under 5lbs which is the lightest frame that Marino has built so far. We knew he was going to break it because it didn't have any gussets or reinforcements, that's why Marino sent him 2 frames.

Okay they've messed up with it, but now they know what to improve, which means the other ones should be stronger in theory, and I've never heard of any other ones snapping anyway :S

marino doesnt care, so why do you? thats all i wana know!

and anyways as stated its a proto, so itd be like him riding for gu typhoon, he gets a proto gu st and kills and posts pics! why the f**k would that put off futur gu typhoon buyers. u forum pro wanabes get so upset so quickly about so little its kinda sad!

i honestly dont know how some of you make it through life :S

question: What is a sponsored riders job?

Answers in an envolope please.

We all know what a sponsors job is, the real question is if you're sponsored by, lets say Ashton, and one of their parts is shit, do you say it's great, and ride with that part, and if it breaks, replace it and keep quiet, or do you post on here and show how shit it is.

Answers on the back of a postcard please.

We all know what a sponsors job is, the real question is if you're sponsored by, lets say Ashton, and one of their parts is shit, do you say it's great, and ride with that part, and if it breaks, replace it and keep quiet, or do you post on here and show how shit it is.

If we assume that the part is a prototype as it is in this situation, when you use said part and find out that it's shit or it breaks for you then you go along to Ashton and tell them your thoughts and explain what improvements you would like to see before the part comes into production.

Also, you don't sell the spare one you've been sent on Ebay.

youre an idiot also, read the topic, instead of jumpin on the bandwagon

I read the entire topic before I posted. You have been a total muppet.