What Happens When You Abuse Steel

Damon W

Sorry, you're right.. f**k over the little guy and his cottage industry simply because he placed his trust in someone rather than setting out a contract. This is Trials not Formula 1 for christs sake.

As I said earlier..

Well it's what he's done legally vs. what he's done ethically. If they didn't write him out a contract, which they should have done no matter how small of a company they are, then he's done nothing wrong, the frames are his and he can do whatever he likes with them.

Ethically, that is down to opinion. I think it's all rather funny.

if they want to do that, thats their choice, no skin off my nose really

everything on this forum gets blown out of proportion, people dont care unless its bitching or sum other bollocks,alot of lame lame people with nothing better to do :closedeyes:

Interesting damon that you've posted on the same number as your 200lb bodyweight :lol:

f**k you lot are sad having ago at him its pathetic, if he did lie about it saying that it could handle up to his style then you would have a go at him then. how can he win? if danny mac or someone else 24" spinny style did this it would only be a one/two page topic but because damons a tgs rider its blown out of proportion. sad f**ks. its as if your all jelous. then you have ago at his mates sticking up for him saying brownnose when every body blatently knows you all do it to danny mac. sad to be honest, maybe what he did was wrong (his attitude like) but you all jump on the bandwagon. t-f is soo full of stuck up prats need to sort it out to be honest.

(awaits a reply saying brownose) ha good one.

love

xxx

I dont care that its damon. My comments aren't against what hes done its all the people who are sticking up for him saying ah Marinos shit and such when most of them I doubt have even seen one let alone ridden one. Thats more brown nosing for you though aint it.

im on about the marinos though, basically no two marinos are going to be the same, cos of custom geo. lol how was that brown nose? ha when you jumped on the bandwagon becasue you thought you were da man. ha, love

xx

Im not fussed on bandwagons, damon watson or brown nosing anything. In this case the geo didnt really matter, it broke because it was made differently and obviously didnt suit his riding style. Then everyone jumped to slating Marinos cos he broke one. I have my opinions on this topic as does everyone else but I have first hand experience of Marinos and I know that man does his best. Thats all I'm saying. If you want I will be "da man".

This didn't discourage me from Marino bikes at all. In fact, I expected damon to break his new marino bike. Damon is just rediculously hard on bikes. I think he probably got rid of the other frame because he thought if his marino frame cracked, then he could get it welded...probably didn't expect such a break. haha.

I ordered a marino frame and fork in January. The strength and workmanship was excellent for the price. I really don't think I would have been able to break my frame. But you have to understand that Damon does near 11 foot flat gaps, and gigantic drop gaps whenever he rides...he's probably harsher on a frame than any other rider out there.

So now I think what damon should do is post pictures of his broken adamant/gu/zoo frames, as well as how long it took them to break. They were probabaly all less than or equal to this marino...haha.

Also, damon should post any remaining footage on his marino bike if possible...

I read all damon's posts. He clearly did not state any opinion about anything except say that it would be strong enough if your a light rider. All he did was post a picture of a snapped frame. I hate when things are over-analyzed. Its like if you broke your leg and put picture up and people said you are discrediting the health care system. So yeah I agree with Damon people are being dorks.

f**k you lot are sad having ago at him its pathetic, if he did lie about it saying that it could handle up to his style then you would have a go at him then. how can he win? if danny mac or someone else 24" spinny style did this it would only be a one/two page topic but because damons a tgs rider its blown out of proportion. sad f**ks. its as if your all jelous. then you have ago at his mates sticking up for him saying brownnose when every body blatently knows you all do it to danny mac. sad to be honest, maybe what he did was wrong (his attitude like) but you all jump on the bandwagon. t-f is soo full of stuck up prats need to sort it out to be honest.

love

xxx

im on about the marinos though, basically no two marinos are going to be the same, cos of custom geo. lol how was that brown nose? ha when you jumped on the bandwagon becasue you thought you were da man. ha, love

xx

Oz, read the thread again mate.

He was given two free frames by Marino, sold one straight away instead of testing it, then destroyed the other one. Instead of reporting back to them and modifying the prototype, he posted it up here for a laugh. Fair enough if he wasn't sponsered by them, but they gave him free stuff to do a job, make Marino more popular and sell their frames. The only thing thats going to happen now is that they'll sell less.

If you ask me TF isn't full of stuck-up prats at all, theres a few nobheads but most people are alright and are just expressing their opinion. Name me another sponsered rider that posts up their stuff when it breaks? They never do, because they're supposed to promote and sell their company to people, not do the opposite.

love

xxx

Swing and a miss.

Edited by Connor Powell

WTF LOL

im saying he put the broken frame because its a subject of interest. The frame is the subject of interest not the sponsorship and it is interesting. I am glad he put that up there I have never seen a steel frame break like that. I think its cool that he is pro and posts stuff. Most pros are all snobby and stay away from forums. Everyone is trying to interrupt everything he does as snobbery.

im saying he put the broken frame because its a subject of interest. The frame is the subject of interest not the sponsorship and it is interesting. I am glad he put that up there I have never seen a steel frame break like that. I think its cool that he is pro and posts stuff. Most pros are all snobby and stay away from forums. Everyone is trying to interrupt everything he does as snobbery.

He isnt 'Pro' and never will be until his attitude get alot better.

Not even a dig at damon, just 100% truth.

Sorry to backtrack a little, butjust saw this post from JT:

Well it's what he's done legally vs. what he's done ethically. If they didn't write him out a contract, which they should have done no matter how small of a company they are, then he's done nothing wrong, the frames are his and he can do whatever he likes with them.

Ethically, that is down to opinion. I think it's all rather funny.

Yeah you're right, legally he can do whatever the hell he wants, but I don't understand how ethically/morally you could feel ok about being such a massive cunt to someone who's tried to do you a favour (even if they were helping themselves at the time)

It makes sense, PM fo' deets (basically we're gonna get really drunk, ride a bit and make a really shit video because were all too pissed to ride)

Marino sounds like a solid, genuine honest bloke whos making dirt cheap frames in a shed, to custom geo for pennys. The only mistake hes made is sponsering Damon. Not ment in an offensive way but why he would want his frames battered the shit out of going big is a mystery to me. These frames and majoritivly made for older riders who want their own geo for a fraction of the price of a new frame which is the wrong geo for them. And for £90 don't care too much wether or not it snaps within the year.

The prime example of this being Leon Neil, a beasty old school rider who wants an old school BB drop, short stays as a personal touch. Hes got one, but isnt going to smash the shit out of it in the same way that Damon does.

Hes too niche to sponser someone like that, would have been far better sponsering someone like (no ass licking intended at all) infact all the names I list would ass lick, but a smooth, good hearted honest street rider. Not a TGS batterer who will ride it into walls snap it then moan.

To sum up:

- It seems a lot of you don't realise that being sponsored by someone basically makes you employed by them

- Your work is to promote the brand in a POSITIVE light

- Your pay is the support you recieve, whether that is in free stuff, discounts or sexual favours

- Damon, however good he is at what he does, should not have posted this up without either

- Consulting Marino

- Buying his 2nd frame back

- Explaining the situation with it being a proto in the ORIGINAL post

- Marino should definitely have drawn up a contract with him

By posting this topic, Damon has made himself out to look like a cock. Same as if Rowan came on here and implied that his DB/Ashton stuff was the same as would be going into production and snapped in 6 rides. Same if Danny Mac did something similar with Inspired.

This is NOT picking on a TGS rider, it's picking on someone who has done something stupidly out of order to someone who employs him. If I came on here and said "The new Cycling Weekly website is a heap of shit and crashed on me" I'd be in a whole world of problems with my employer, and I sure as hell wouldn't be saying "No skin off my nose".

Edited by JDâ„¢

Interesting damon that you've posted on the same number as your 200lb bodyweight :lol:

That's the most bizarre and disturbing post I think I've ever seen on here (and yes, I have seen the infamous fatpants n00dz).

Ye i think where this topic went wrong, is not stating that the frame was a proto and that someone else had to say it, also that some people are now slating the company which is hard to understand when they offer cheap custom frames.

Yeah you're right, legally he can do whatever the hell he wants, but I don't understand how ethically/morally you could feel ok about being such a massive cunt to someone who's tried to do you a favour (even if they were helping themselves at the time)

Well if a contact was written out, then their wouldn't be a problem, either he wouldn't have posted up, or he could be sued for breach of contract. So really they brought it on themselves, just because they're a small company isn't a means of not doing these things properly.

I said becuase it goes into the ethics / morality area there's going to be a big debate, I also said I just find it funny becuase i love a good read on TF.

Well if a contact was written out, then their wouldn't be a problem, either he wouldn't have posted up, or he could be sued for breach of contract. So really they brought it on themselves, just because they're a small company isn't a means of not doing these things properly.

I said becuase it goes into the ethics / morality area there's going to be a big debate, I also said I just find it funny becuase i love a good read on TF.

You are right, Marino made a mistake by not making a contract with Damon, but still that's not an excuse for doing what Damon did. It's just common sense that posting pictures of his broken frame (which he got for free with the intention of starting a sponsorship) in a public forum was going to give a bad image, which is the opposite thing that a sponsored rider should do.

Anyway, I think that everyone has already got the point of what happened here and this is actually going a bit off-topic.

Edited by Blitzmo