Art

DrDoom

Really like that- is it oil?

Digital painting, I fancy having another go at it with paints though :)

...I'm getting all inspired now. Good thread :)

Some stuff from college:

characature.jpg

amyleez.jpg

Edited by Theo

• 3 months later...

Just some drawings I did a few months ago. They are characters from the webcomic Lackadaisycats.

Link to my DA

I'd like to draw more frequently but I just don't know what...suggestions? I tried and failed at drawing cars but might give it a second chance.

nice style, like it

ps: thanks skoze

Thought this might be the best thread for my question.

I start my new job in a months time, I will be a design engineer at an aerospace firm (although its a grad programme so I'll get placements all over for 18months) and one of the skills I really want to improve is my sketching ability. I'm not very good at maintaining scale across a sketch and just generally lack talent. Are there any good sites that have guides and exercises to help develop sketching skills?

Thought this might be the best thread for my question.

I start my new job in a months time, I will be a design engineer at an aerospace firm (although its a grad programme so I'll get placements all over for 18months) and one of the skills I really want to improve is my sketching ability. I'm not very good at maintaining scale across a sketch and just generally lack talent. Are there any good sites that have guides and exercises to help develop sketching skills?

www.drawspace.com

I probably should. I've run out of Moleskines and need to save save save at the moment so sod splashing out another £12 for a pad. I could probably do with some proper pens as well. Used a 0.3mm Staedtler fineliner to do that with. I'm dabbling more with watercolours and the likes of rather than good ol' ink and paper at zee moment. I need to get out more.

I am very tempted to attempt painting the Cathedral (!!!) on the next nice-ish day we get. There's a few nice artsy fartsy shops around Winnie that buy watercolours and oil paintings of local points of interest. Not too sure on the doodle front though. I used to be able to doodle for hours and hours and hours and now I'm bored after the first couple and end up battling to finish a piece. S'all good fun on a rainy day I guess!

Edited by Hannah Shucksmith